Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

1 minute ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

Well, no. It’s a long-ass movie with lots of meandering, subplots that go nowhere, time shifts that cause whiplash, it’s too violent and weird for kids yet has scenes aimed solely at them, Deep in red-face feels all sorts of wrong — it’s not a good movie in any way, shape, or form. 

The fact that it has a glorious 20-minute action sequence doesn’t change the fact that most of the rest of it is lousy on pretty much every level.

I can see where you are coming from but I think the fact that this also came out after four Pirates movies and people started to catch onto Johnny Depp's shtick helped contribute to the film's negative reception.

4 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

Well, no. It’s a long-ass movie with lots of meandering, subplots that go nowhere, time shifts that cause whiplash, it’s too violent and weird for kids yet has scenes aimed solely at them, Deep in red-face feels all sorts of wrong — it’s not a good movie in any way, shape, or form. 

The fact that it has a glorious 20-minute action sequence doesn’t change the fact that most of the rest of it is lousy on pretty much every level.

You have awful taste in film.  Good lord.

• ...wtf 1

1 minute ago, Rorschach said:

I can see where you are coming from but I think the fact that this also came out after four Pirates movies and people started to catch onto Johnny Depp's shtick helped contribute to the film's negative reception.

It’s possible that if it had come out prior to the Pirates movies Depp wouldn’t have been in it at

all. They likely wouldn’t have tried to follow the POTC formula with it either — which means it probably would’ve been a better movie. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

It’s possible that if it had come out prior to the Pirates movies Depp wouldn’t have been in it at

all. They likely wouldn’t have tried to follow the POTC formula with it either — which means it probably would’ve been a better movie. 

I guess you're right.

5 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Tropic Thunder, now there's a film that has aged very badly very fast

I would argue but I've heard so many weird things said today that I'll probably let it slide.

Just now, That One Guy said:

See It.  Coco is very good (as is It but I'd give Coco a slight edge) but you're like almost 3 months behind on It so that's definitely the better choice.

Yeah, I got three hours to kill. Let me shuffle on across the street to the AMC. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Tropic Thunder, now there's a film that has aged very badly very fast

The movie immediately felt less good than it sounded like from day 1 I think, even thought it is really watchable, but Tom Cruise in this aged extremely well imo.

Lone Ranger would've been much better if it was cut down to two hours instead of insisting on being two-and-a-half (seriously, there's like five dead ends in the second act that all could have been removed).

Edited by cookie