Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

People I don't like associating with: those who ignore me

People I wish acknowledged me: those who ignore me

It's super weird. If several people I was friendly with don't give a shit about me, why do I care so much? I gladly ignore them too! I don't want everyone in the world to like me, but getting the cold shoulder from multiple people and seeing them again in class..... idk.

tumblr_oldvzdavzk1v7m7awo1_r3_400.gif

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

It's super weird. If several people I was friendly with don't give a shit about me, why do I care so much? I gladly ignore them too! I don't want everyone in the world to like me, but getting the cold shoulder from multiple people and seeing them again in class..... idk.

Just talk to them and pretend nothing happened. Be a big dick swinger, not a tiny hands moper.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

People got their own shit going on, man. It's hard to stay in touch with everyone.

Be a big dick swinger.

54 minutes ago, Just Tele said:

HOSTILES is pretty good and well worth a look from anyone who likes the genre. 

Yeah, it's a good modern western. It won't be for everything of course, but I recommend it. 

46 minutes ago, Porthos said:

What is this "Star Trek 5" you mention? :thinking:  certainly don't remember any film between 4 & 6.  Kinda like how Microsoft skipped Windows 9, come to think of it. 

I'm pretty sure Star Trek 5 was just fifty minutes of Kirk, Spock, and Bones singing Row, Row Your Boat. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'll be a big hand moper tyvm

I talked with this guy over the weekend who had some pretty great stuff to say but long story short, guy got in a DUI, shit his pants in jail, and learned how terrible things can get. But no matter what happens, nobody will ever care as much about the things you do, than your own self was what it boiled down to. His job found out and he still has that job despite the DUI and the fact his boss had to bail him out. The likelihood that these people decided "Man that Han kid is lame, I'm gonna talk to him this semester, take him to a nice seafood dinner, and then NEVER TALK TO HIM AGAIN" is improbable. Chances are, they got busy, they figured you as a nice acquaintance, and that doesn't require keeping in touch. 

It doesn't have to stay that way either. If you take the small steps to change, from your worst self, step by step, eventually you'll learn to get over your apprehension to socially interacting in school and maybe you'll become legit friends with some people instead of acquaintances. 

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 7

1 minute ago, ck5111 said:

I just looked up "dick swinger" on google, curiosity got the better of me and I went to google images...

I'm scarred.

:whosad:

It’s time for you to go to bed son. It’s way past your bedtime.