Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

The family has been told if we want to see our grandma we should probably do so in the next few days. The problem is even though she's at a different hospital than my sister was but she's in the ICU.    And I just don't know if I want to go back and relive that situation all over again.   I was told it would be understandable if I didn't go.  But I figure if my parents were able to go back then I should too.

• Sad 6

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

The family has been told if we want to see our grandma we should probably do so in the next few days. The problem is even though she's at a different hospital than my sister was but she's in the ICU.    And I just don't know if I want to go back and relive that situation all over again.   I was told it would be understandable if I didn't go.  But I figure if my parents were able to go back then I should too.

So sorry to hear this, DAR. But yeah, as tough as it may be personally, it will mean a lot to your parents (and your grandma too).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

So sorry to hear this, DAR. But yeah, as tough as it may be personally, it will mean a lot to your parents (and your grandma too).

No I'm probably going to go.   I will say I used to drive past the hospital where my sister quite frequently but I haven't in the last few weeks.

• Like 1

I went to the Toys R Us Closing Down Sale like an excited vulture. Came out with nothing. Only stuff heavily discounted were movie toys of failed franchises, toys from TV shows that are ending, and figurines of Marvel and DC characters that seemingly are only in stores due to some bulk offer from the distributor (my guess is that these toys can’t be easily sold off to competing stores, or returned to their manufacturers as they’re reaching the end of their lifecycle and just weren’t that popular to begin with). If you’re a Power Rangers/Plastic Man/Justice League Movie iteration Aquaman and Cyborg/Ninja Turtles fan then I guess you’re in for a good time. No games on sale either.

Its a shame too. The Blockbuster closing down sale was phenomenal. Disney Animation Blu Rays for £5 each. The entire DVD collection of The Wire for £15. It was an amazing week (not for the people that work there, but still).

• Haha 4

I still don't get why the Marvel Madame Alexander dolls had the Black Panther one be a whopping 30$ more than everyone else.

Anything I might have been interested in A) is already defunct (Hi, Monster High and Ever After High), or B - already cheaper five months ago at Target.

btw, it's pretty hilarious how Jennifer Garner in Love, Simon is better than 3/5 of last year's Supporting Actress nominees. That category needs to step it UP this year and get on 2015's level.

(don't watch this clip if you care about seeing the movie because it's pretty powerful)

3 minutes ago, AJG said:

I went to the Toys R Us Closing Down Sale like an excited vulture. Came out with nothing. Only stuff heavily discounted were movie toys of failed franchises, toys from TV shows that are ending, and figurines of Marvel and DC characters that seemingly are only in stores due to some bulk offer from the distributor (my guess is that these toys can’t be easily sold off to competing stores, or returned to their manufacturers as they’re reaching the end of their lifecycle and just weren’t that popular to begin with). If you’re a Power Rangers/Plastic Man/Justice League Movie iteration Aquaman and Cyborg/Ninja Turtles fan then I guess you’re in for a good time. No games on sale either.

Its a shame too. The Blockbuster closing down sale was phenomenal. Disney Animation Blu Rays for £5 each. The entire DVD collection of The Wire for £15. It was an amazing week (not for the people that work there, but still).

I'm just being snarky and old, but why would Toys'R'Us have anything for anyone over, say, age 14?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

btw, it's pretty hilarious how Jennifer Garner in Love, Simon is better than 3/5 of last year's Supporting Actress nominees. That category needs to step it UP this year and get on 2015's level.

(don't watch this clip if you care about seeing the movie because it's pretty powerful)

that seems really over dramatised, can you imagine a mother actually giving a speech like that? she comes across as an actress rather than a mother.

2 minutes ago, Trolltastic Tele said:

I'm just being snarky and old, but why would Toys'R'Us have anything for anyone over, say, age 14?

Next you're going to tell us comic book films are for kids, fuck you Tele!

• Disbelief 1

2 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

that seems really over dramatised, can you imagine a mother actually giving a speech like that? she comes across as an actress rather than a mother.

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

mayb it works better in context because this is terrible?

There's more of the scene before the clip's content, but if you're not going for it now, I doubt it'll work in the movie lol