Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

I can never forget Oscar Isaac saying she masturbates to Annette Bening

I only faintly remember this, but the entirety of Life Itself was like having an out of body experience where that's not even in the top 10 weirdest shit that happens so it makes sense

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

...what?

That's not even the strangest line in the movie. It's on Amazon right now, so I implore everyone to see it. It's truly a mesmerizing experience that will make you say a record "huh?" and "wuh?" throughout

Just now, CoolEric258 said:

That's not even the strangest line in the movie. It's on Amazon right now, so I implore everyone to see it. It's truly a mesmerizing experience that will make you say a record "huh?" and "wuh?" throughout

Serenity is like that as well. People constantly talk about how critics are uptight assholes who don't understand fun and praise stuff that is original just because it isn't a familiar studio tentpole, but that movie offers a strong rebuttal to that notion. Cause you sure won't see anything else like it this year...and you'll be really damn proud you won't.

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/01/25-best-movie-scenes?verso=true

Vanity Fair has posted a piece about 25 influential movie scenes from the past 25 years and this quote by Hans Zimmer for The Dark Knight deserves an amen:

“I told Chris the music was too loud—you couldn’t hear the lines. He said, ‘I wrote them. I can do what I want.’ He was right; people do remember the lines. He could have done 200 different cop-out endings, but he put that ending on. It’s hard to pull off a satisfying ending, if you’re that ambiguous. One second longer, or one sentence or note different, and it would have been a different movie. When Heath Ledger was cast, there was an outcry from an audience, forgetting that it’s not for us to ask what they want to see—it’s for us to make something they can’t even imagine. It’s a Batman movie, but not what you imagine a Batman movie to be. And it surprised everyone. Isn’t that what you’re supposed to do?”

• Like 3

Bohemian Rhapsody's success explained in 6 mins.

Honestly, I think it's far from a hot take at this point that Queen is the most iconic and legendary musical act EVER. Not Beatles, Not Elvis, Not Michael Jackson or Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd. Nobody else has this sort of multi-generational appeal. Period.

Edited by FantasticBeasts

8 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Honestly, I think it's far from a hot take at this point that Queen is the most iconic and legendary musical act EVER. Not Beatles, Not Elvis, Not Michael Jackson or Led Zeppelin or Pink Floyd. Nobody else has this sort of multi-generational appeal. Period.

Uh, this is highly dubious. :lol: C’mon now. 

• Like 4

31 minutes ago, filmlover said:

https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywood/2019/01/25-best-movie-scenes?verso=true

Vanity Fair has posted a piece about 25 influential movie scenes from the past 25 years and this quote by Hans Zimmer for The Dark Knight deserves an amen:

“I told Chris the music was too loud—you couldn’t hear the lines. He said, ‘I wrote them. I can do what I want.’ He was right; people do remember the lines. He could have done 200 different cop-out endings, but he put that ending on. It’s hard to pull off a satisfying ending, if you’re that ambiguous. One second longer, or one sentence or note different, and it would have been a different movie. When Heath Ledger was cast, there was an outcry from an audience, forgetting that it’s not for us to ask what they want to see—it’s for us to make something they can’t even imagine. It’s a Batman movie, but not what you imagine a Batman movie to be. And it surprised everyone. Isn’t that what you’re supposed to do?”

Hmm They picked Highground scene from ROTS.

I approve. 

We all know the next musical biopic sensation (which probably isn't far off considering Bohemian Rhapsody's success has ensured we'll be getting plenty of those over the next few years) will have people calling them the most iconic and legendary musical act ever.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, filmlover said:

We all know the next musical biopic sensation (which probably isn't far off considering Bohemian Rhapsody's success has ensured we'll be getting plenty of those over the next few years) will have people calling them the most iconic and legendary musical act ever.

I personally can't wait for the upcoming biopic about The Wiggles

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

No. Literally name an artist that has more classics than Queen. We Will Rock You, We Are The Champions, Don't Stop Me Now, Bohemian Rhapsody, Another One Bites The Dust, I Want To Break Free, The Show Must Go On, those are all songs that will play and ANYBODY will know. There is no other act with so many classic, instantly recognisable tracks. The crossover appeal among generations is simply sensational.

Like honestly, which other biopic could do 900m?Only Michael Jackson I can debate.

Edited by FantasticBeasts
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

No. Literally name an artist that has more classics than Queen. We Will Rock You, We Are The Champions, Don't Stop Me Now, Bohemian Rhapsody, Another One Bites The Dust, I Want To Break Free, The Show Must Go On, those are all songs that will play and ANYBODY will know. There is no other act with so many classic, instantly recognisable tracks. The crossover appeal among generations is simply sensational.

Like honestly, which other biopic could do 900m?Only Michael Jackson I can debate.

You’re kidding, right?

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

@ me when Brian May does this shit

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

Not at all. I am waiting names.

You listed them all already. :lol: I mean, a glorified karaoke middle-aged ABBA sing-off made 600m a decade ago and spawned a sequel. ABBA. 

Most of the other names you mention have been doing monster numbers worldwide (albums sold, songs in circulation, number of iconic songs, etc) for decades longer than Queen. I’m not trying to take anything away from them, but have some perspective. 

• Like 3