Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

4 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

Simple. The Snyder Cut stans are the most whiny, obnoxious, and ungrateful denizens of film and geek Twitter (and that's saying a lot). They infest the social media feeds of anything and everything related to WB, even when they have nothing to do with DC, dogpile on any DC stuff that isn't Snyder-related, and push this shit down everyone's throat, all for some dumbass movie that nobody actually cares about. Go into any of the HBO Max tweets, and you have these losers pestering, begging for a different cut for a movie that everybody has moved on from. They've even done that on the tweet for the Elmo show. How can these idiots put their obnoxious bullshit on somebody as pure as Elmo?

Back in my day, when bad movies were bad, we accepted it and moved on. But no, these guys need to feel as if they need to be rewarded for harassing people and whining about their dumbass cut every other minute, because apparently the only thing that matters in their entire lives is not their careers, family, loved ones, or whatever, but some dumb superhero movie.

Sorry if that's harsh, and I know this will strike a nerve to some, but I'm telling it like it is. WB's also in the wrong for capitulating and feeding into this by forcing Gal Gadot and Ben Affleck's PR team to put out the hashtag in a cheap attempt to gain publicity.

Eh, there's better memes out there.

WB have done nothing to feed it. It's completely driven by Snyder on Vero. He reached out to Affleck, Gadot and the other actors to tweet it out. Cavill told him to take a hike.

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

WB have done nothing to feed it. It's completely driven by Snyder on Vero. He reached out to Affleck, Gadot and the other actors to tweet it out. Cavill told him to take a hike.

That I didn't know. I thought that was some sort of like dumbass promo for HBO Max where the Snyder Cut is there "for the fans" or some shit.

Just now, Eric Atreides said:

That I didn't know. I thought that was some sort of like dumbass promo for HBO Max where the Snyder Cut is there "for the fans" or some shit.

WB have pretty much never addressed it at all. When asked they said there's no plan to ever release it anywhere but Snyder keeps feeding the fans on Vero.

If WB has no intention of releasing the Snyder Cut, it doesn’t seem likely that they’d tease the fans by making it seem like they do. That would be bad PR that would likely backfire on them pretty quickly. By all accounts, they seem like they would rather just forget that the JL debacle ever happened. 

2 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

If WB has no intention of releasing the Snyder Cut, it doesn’t seem likely that they’d tease the fans by making it seem like they do. That would be bad PR that would likely backfire on them pretty quickly. By all accounts, they seem like they would rather just forget that the JL debacle ever happened. 

They have never teased that they would release it. The studio has outright denied it will ever happen

That's as definitive a denial as it comes.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Sony's probably happy that they have no plans to release a streaming service (yet?) or that if they did, no one would bother them to #ReleaseTheSpaceyCut of All the Money in the World, an alternate cut that actually exists somewhere.

I’d like to think that as boneheaded as Tom Rothman is, even he would have to realize that a Sony streaming service would be just plain stupid. 

3 minutes ago, grim22 said:

They have never teased that they would release it. The studio has outright denied it will ever happen

That's as definitive a denial as it comes.

I know. I was arguing against the notion that they were the ones who told Gadot and Affleck’s PR teams to contribute to the Snyder Cut hashtag. That would’ve been trolling the fans if they did that. As I said, it seems like they would rather just forget that the JL situation ever happened, meaning that they probably won’t release a Snyder cut. 

Edited by WittyUsername

58 minutes ago, RealLyre said:

this is the worst timeline, the whole thing is a parody of shounen superheroes what even is the point of making it live-action :thinking:,

let alone giving it to the Venom writers :bagoverhead:

The show isn't even a good parody. It makes fun of shonen anime while also indulging in the same cliches they do. First few episodes were good but it seems like the writers lost track of what they were initially trying to do.

1 minute ago, Cap said:

In the Heights got delayed, so Disney's now putting out all the stops to promote WSS. No wonder they're #1.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Cap said:

The last laugh will come when Ansolo wins Best Actor due to all the competition retreating to 2021. Justice for The Goldfinch!

• Haha 1

Westworld has been renewed for Season 4 and it could potentially run for 6 seasons. But like how? They've clearly already run out of good ideas and not a single episode in this new season is anywhere close to being as good as the Kiksuya episode in Season 2 (which is one of the best TV show episodes I've ever seen). 

Reviews are looking meh for both the Evans Apple miniseries and Hemsworth Netflix movie bowing this weekend. Looks like MCU fanatics really annoyed about being unable to see Black Widow next weekend will get their MCU fix from another marathon!