Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

:hahaha:A must read for @Cap

When asked how shocked she was that Cats bombed at the box office and if she would ever watch the film adaptation of Andrew Lloyd Weber's musical, LuPone said she refused.

"I will never watch it. I just saw the revival of it and walked out after the first act. I saw it originally in London and hated it so I'm not surprised that it bombed onscreen. From one to 10, how about zero," she said. 

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/patti-lupone-talks-cats-sunset-boulevard-firing-watch-what-happens-live-1292173

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, TMP said:

This is pretty fucking huge, but I'm not surprised. They were already angry after Universal made the choice to send Trolls to VOD on very short notice, and now they're boasting about "like at all the money we made without you." We'll see how this impacts movies like Minions and Jurassic World and Fast 9 and Halloween Kills when they come out.

Edited by filmlover

I'll still watch it just for the cast but I figured the concept of Hollywood was way too ambitious for Murphy to completely pull off. Everything about it sounds like he saw OUATIH last summer and came out of it thinking "hmm what historical wrongs can I right? Rock Hudson getting a happy ending? Diversity becoming a thing in the industry decades before it would? Alright I'll make a show about all of these things in time for the next Emmys." Although watch them give it a ton of nominations anyway lol.

24 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Although watch them give it a ton of nominations anyway lol

Ehhh, seems a bit doubtful. Feel like Turturro or Blake Nelson will win Best Supporting Actor Limited Series now though

30 minutes ago, TMP said:

Ehhh, seems a bit doubtful. Feel like Turturro or Blake Nelson will win Best Supporting Actor Limited Series now though

It's still a Ryan Murphy Hollywood love letter that will still get a ton of attention because of that so I wouldn't rule out Parsons (who already has a ton of industry respectability - he won 4 Emmys for The Big Bang Theory, after all) still taking it in what sounds like easily the loudest role of anyone in that category. Turturro getting nominated would probably be his reward since the last time a David Simon project received any acting nominations at all was...1998. Tim Blake Nelson is great and all but I don't see it, although if anyone from Watchmen is taking home an acting Emmy it's him (Blanchett is locked for Lead Actress).