Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i say FUCK that hack matt reeves and let's get the Pizzaman's batman movie

EV0IpRhWsAAgGjg?format=jpg&name=mediumEV0IpRjXkAAps87?format=jpg&name=medium

Nic favorite Colin Farrell's already on board, they have enough time to shuffle some things during shut down

8b24d68098d9e779516b8dccf876e36d.gif

Edited by TMP

@CJohn BB2020 will indeed launch on April 26, according to magazines, and apparently, the contestants will present themselves through videoconference for two consecutive weeks and stay in their homes before entering the house, pretty much ripping off the reality show The Circle and destroying what we've come to know as Big Brother.

TVI rushes BB to fight SIC's Farmer and that's what we get. Flop?

• Haha 1

Just finished The Philadelphia Story and I seriously think Tracy chose the wrong person.

Advanced issues found

Spoiler

I just think Dexter wasn't the right choice because I don't think he's going to change his old ways especially considering that he practically only won her heart again through manipulation. I think Mike was the right person for her. They clearly have some common interest and I thought they had a lot more chemistry than she did with Dexter and George (who's just LOL), even outside of the scene where they are drunk.

Some other thoughs:

My first Hepburn film and holy shit, she's perfect.

The middle act drags quite a bit (I feel like the movie forgot that it was a screwball comedy for the entirety of the middle act)

The drunk Hepburn+Stewart scene is the perfect combination of lovely and hilarious and easily the best part of the movie.

Also as much as I love him, Jimmy Stewart singing Over the Rainbow almost made my ears bleed. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Just finished The Philadelphia Story and I seriously think Tracy chose the wrong person.

Spoiler

Advanced issues found

Hide contents

I just think Dexter wasn't the right choice because I don't think he's going to change his old ways especially considering that he practically only won her heart again through manipulation. I think Mike was the right person for her. They clearly have some common interest and I thought they had a lot more chemistry than she did with Dexter and George (who's just LOL), even outside of the scene where they are drunk.

Some other thoughs:

The middle act drags quite a bit (I feel like the movie forgot that it was a screwball comedy for the entirety of the middle act)

The drunk Hepburn+Stewart scene is the perfect combination of lovely and hilarious and easily the best part of the movie.

Also as much as I love him, Jimmy Stewart singing Over the Rainbow almost made my ears bleed. 

Bringing Up Baby is a must-watch

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

@CJohn BB2020 will indeed launch on April 26, according to magazines, and apparently, the contestants will present themselves through videoconference for two consecutive weeks and stay in their homes before entering the house, pretty much ripping off the reality show The Circle and destroying what we've come to know as Big Brother.

TVI rushes BB to fight SIC's Farmer and that's what we get. Flop?

This smells like a massive bomb in the making.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, lorddemaxus said:

Spoiler
  Reveal hidden contents

Some other thoughs:

Ohhh CK Dexter HAAAAAAAAVEN!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lorddemaxus said:

This seems like a pretty big deal to me

Does this mean that STX is an Indian company now? And I guess they won't have to file for bankruptcy anymore (I feel like they were on track to go bankrupt by the end of the year).

So will STX movies go on Eros Now for streaming?

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

This smells like a massive bomb in the making.

TVI confirmed it. It's a done deal. The contestants will be separately locked in a hotel room for 15 days. There will be challenges, apparently, and the contestants will all know each other before they set an eye on each other in person. There will be diaries... all done through Skype calls. Sunday night shows? All through Skype calls. That's BB2020 (for two weeks only).

It's The fucking Circle. Might've just cancelled this altogether.

Edited by MCKillswitch123

27 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

TVI confirmed it. It's a done deal. The contestants will be separately locked in a hotel room for 15 days. There will be challenges, apparently, and the contestants will all know each other before they set an eye on each other in person. There will be diaries... all done through Skype calls. Sunday night shows? All through Skype calls. That's BB2020 (for two weeks only).

It's The fucking Circle. Might've just cancelled this altogether.

Can you hear it? It is the sound of an earth-shaking flop. I predict less than 15% share. Gonna tank harder than Começar Do Zero.

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

Shellshocked when I heard that. A huge loss for our culture.

I am still in desbelief tbh. Strong words from Ricardo Guedes de Carvalho to close the Jornal das 8 honoring him. I think I teared up a bit. Just a few months the man was the co-lead in Variações.

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, CoolioD1 said:

cary grant is my favourite golden age movie star but his character in philadelphia story is deathly boring. grant playing is pretty much the only reason he's not a total fucking square. not that yar.

This is one of the many reasons I much prefer Holiday to The Philadelphia Story. Grant (and Hepburn) doing free-spirited goofy shit like this instead.

• Like 1

I do agree with what most people are saying about The Philadelphia Story. I think the movie starts to slow down quite a bit after the first act and I don't think I laughed a single time in the 2nd or 3rd act except for the drunk scene. Holiday and Bringing Up Baby seem to have more of what I expected from The Philadelphia Story. Also heard His Girl Friday is another great Cary Grant screwball comedy.