Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

2 minutes ago, Morieris said:

wut

If true...a big if.........With all the Star Wars movies that have fallen through since they cancelled Rogue Seuadron, maybe they decided that "Rogue Squadron" was not so bad after all....

1 hour ago, dudalb said:

If true...a big if.........With all the Star Wars movies that have fallen through since they cancelled Rogue Seuadron, maybe they decided that "Rogue Squadron" was not so bad after all....

Quick fact check.

It was never cancelled.  Off the schedule?  Sure.  Actually cancelled?  Nope.

(no, I don't feel like debating the meaning of the word "cancelled", thnx)

• Like 1

Anyway, speaking of "cancelled" came over to mention that Aaron Rodgers is now, sadly, dead to me.

I could take a little (or even a lot) antivaxx 'rona nonsense as just one of many people going crazy during COVID times.  More than one person lost their mind there.

Well the latest info appears to be that Aaron Rodgers has been this way for a good, long, while:

RFK Jr.’s VP prospect Aaron Rodgers has shared false Sandy Hook conspiracy theories in private conversations

Pamela Brown and Jake Tapper, CNN
·2 min read

Independent presidential candidate Robert F. Kennedy Jr. has confirmed that among his potential vice-presidential prospects is New York Jets quarterback Aaron Rodgers, who in private conversations shared deranged conspiracy theories about the 2012 Sandy Hook school shooting not being real.

CNN knows of two people with whom Rodgers has enthusiastically shared these stories, including with Pamela Brown, one of the journalists writing this piece.

Brown was covering the Kentucky Derby for CNN in 2013 when she was introduced to Rodgers, then with the Green Bay Packers, at a post-Derby party. Hearing that she was a journalist with CNN, Rodgers immediately began attacking the news media for covering up important stories. Rodgers brought up the tragic killing of 20 children and 6 adults by a gunman at Sandy Hook Elementary School, claiming it was actually a government inside job and the media was intentionally ignoring it.

When Brown questioned him on the evidence to show this very real shooting was staged, Rodgers began sharing various theories that have been disproven numerous times. Such conspiracy theories were also later at the center of lawsuits brought by victims’ families when they sued conspiracy theorist Alex Jones on the matter.

Jones baselessly repeating lies that the 2012 mass shooting was staged, and that the families and first responders were “crisis actors,” spawned multiple lawsuits and a trial was held in 2022 over lawsuits that were filed in Connecticut.

Family members throughout that trial described in poignant terms how the lies had prompted unrelenting harassment against them and compounded the emotional agony of losing their loved ones.

Brown recalls Rodgers asking her if she thought it was off that there were men in black in the woods by the school, falsely claiming those men were actually government operatives. Brown found the encounter disturbing.

Rodgers, through one of his agents, declined to comment to CNN.

CNN has spoken to another person with a similar story. This person, to whom CNN has granted anonymity so as to avoid harassment, recalled that several years ago, Rodgers claimed, “Sandy Hook never happened…All those children never existed. They were all actors.”

When asked about the grieving parents, the source recalled Rodgers saying, “They’re all making it up. They’re all actors.”

Rodgers went on to delve into some of the darker caverns of the false conspiracy theory. This person found the encounter disturbing.

Kennedy’s campaign announced Wednesday that the candidate will name his running mate on March 26 in Oakland, California. Kennedy told CNN in an interview on Tuesday that he had recently met with Rodgers, as well as former Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura, about the possibility of joining his campaign.

For more CNN news and newsletters create an account at CNN.com

Yeah... that's.  That's more than 30 percentile weird/unconformist, that's going straight into Alex Jones Land uncut pure stuff.

(actually kinda surprised Aaron Rodgers was able to keep his image so clean for so long if he's so far into the deep end as to be a Sandy Hook Truther)

Edited by Porthos

53 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Shailene Woodley must be absolutely thrilled that she didn't tie the knot with that certified bozo.

Yeah, I have had it with Rodgers and his craziness. 

Some crazy I can tolerate, but not Antivax crap. Antivax crap is out and out dangerous.

And his buying into the Sandy Hook conspiracy crap alone would be nough to make him dead to me. That, as Porthos said, is pure Alex Jones territory. I guess Rodgers did not see how well that truned out for Jones, with him basically facing bankruptcy to pay the Sandy Hook residents who sucesffuly sued Jones.

Speaking of being dead to somebody, pretty clear why RFK junior to pretty much dead to the whole Kennedy clan.

Edited by dudalb

39 minutes ago, Eric Atreides said:

Well we're never getting another Star Wars movie ever again, so...yeah, this ain't happening lol

I said treat the Jenkins story with a ton of salt.

Last week several sources were repotting that Star Wars X..the new Rey film..was in real jeopardy because of script problems.

They just can't get anything out of development Hell it seems like.

Thought if the Rey film is dead, it might explain a decision to ut ROgue Dquadron back in play. At least have something that might see the light of day soon.

2 hours ago, Porthos said:

Anyway, speaking of "cancelled" came over to mention that Aaron Rodgers is now, sadly, dead to me.

I could take a little (or even a lot) antivaxx 'rona nonsense as just one of many people going crazy during COVID times.  More than one person lost their mind there.

Well the latest info appears to be that Aaron Rodgers has been this way for a good, long, while:

Yeah... that's.  That's more than 30 percentile weird/unconformist, that's going straight into Alex Jones Land uncut pure stuff.

(actually kinda surprised Aaron Rodgers was able to keep his image so clean for so long if he's so far into the deep end as to be a Sandy Hook Truther)

It's so bad that even the Jets fans are disowning him. That's when you know you are too far gone.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AMC Theaters Enjoyer said:

Wait hold on. What’s this about Aaron Rogers being a VP?

He's on the shortlist (along with Jesse Ventura) to be Veep for noted antivaxxer, 2004 election conspiracist, former Democrat now Independent RFK Jrwho is running for president this year.

RFK Jr. has had... quite the political journey since he was a darling of (some of) the left way back in 2004.

Edited by Porthos

5 minutes ago, Porthos said:

He's on the shortlist of noted antivaxxer, 2004 election conspiracist, former Democrat now independent RFK Jr.

RFK Jr. has had... quite the political journey since he was a darling of (some of the) left way back in 2004.

I heard him talk for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It sounded like he gargles with cigarettes every morning.

Just now, grim22 said:

I heard him talk for the first time a couple of weeks ago. It sounded like he gargles with cigarettes every morning.

I wouldn't know.  I went out of my way to ignore him once he hoped on the antivaxx train way back in, what, 2005?  2006?

*checks*

2005, that's what I thought.

He became dead to me way back then and I've gone out of my way to not give him an ounce of attention, including listening to any of his speeches.

(I personally blame the whole Diebold mess for poisoning his mind and causing him to leap off the deep end)

((then again, maybe he was always like this and getting into Diebold was just the trigger))

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

He's on the shortlist (along with Jesse Ventura) to be Veep for noted antivaxxer, 2004 election conspiracist, former Democrat now Independent RFK Jrwho is running for president this year.

RFK Jr. has had... quite the political journey since he was a darling of (some of) the left way back in 2004.

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952ktn5v11jugtv08eo021

• Haha 3

12 hours ago, Porthos said:

wait what was RFK Jr. doing back in 2004 that made people care about him?

38 minutes ago, cannastop said:

wait what was RFK Jr. doing back in 2004 that made people care about him?

He was trading on the Kennedy name which was still really strong in 2004 writing articles for Rolling Stone, among other things.  He was one of the leading voices that claimed that the 200*4* election was stolen from John Kerry, allegedly thanks to Diebold voting machines in Ohio.

Then in 2005 he flushed all that goodwill/cache he had earned in by hopping on the Lancet MMR vaccine discredited-even-at-the-time "study" that linked MMR shots with autism.

Not really the thread to go deep into this, but ever since 2005 RFK Jr has been persona non grata within Democratic circles, which is probably why he wasn't on your radar much until recently.  That's because he wasn't on anybody's radar much at all throughout the 10's and it was only "thanks" to COVID that he re-became a household-ish name.

===

I suppose a better way to put it is:  Nothing, really.  He wasn't an active politician at the time.  But he was active in online spaces which even then counted for something.  Especially when combined with his famous last name.

Edited by Porthos
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, Porthos said:

That didn't take long:

Of course a cynic might note that "government staged false flag" is still covered by "what happened in Sandy Hook was an absolute tragedy".

More likely though, he probably liked to shoot off his mouth and trade in Conspiracy Theory du Jour, but realized that publicly being associated with Sandy Hook Truthers is several steps too far. 

• Haha 2

23 hours ago, dudalb said:

Does not become law until the Senate passes it, and then it has to survive court challenges  with the claim the ban violates the first Amendment.

I dislike Tiktok, never use it because I don't want to tive Personal Info to the CCP,(yes, I think that the Chinses Government pretty much calls the shots with Tikkok) but not sure an out and out ban would work.

india banned it overnight 

sure we can too if wanted

Banning TikTok would be idiotic. Which means it's likely to happen. Also if I'm TikTok, I would refuse to sell to an American company.

Also, Biden signing the bill may be the end of his presidency.

Edited by ChipDerby