Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

7 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Funny, take out Darkest Hour and I'd say it's one of the better line-ups in years. The 2010 line-up is still my favorite of this decade overall.

Yeah it’s a solid lineup.  2009 was good as was 2013 and last year.  Least favorite was probably 2011

2 minutes ago, DAR said:

And they were thinking boy if this Pirates thing doesn’t hit we are fucked

Some fun facts about Country Bears:

Michael Eisner was apparently this close to shutting down production on the first Pirates due to the Country Bears bombing, but it wasn't until he walked on the set, and talked with Bruckheimer and Verbinski that he decided that production should continue.

Also, at Disneyland, Country Bear Jamboree was shut down and replaced with a Winnie the Pooh ride in September 2001. The film was released in July 2002. It's ironic considering the film was all about trying to stop a greedy executive from tearing down Country Bear Hall, even though a greedy executive tore down Country Bear Hall irl, but this begs a question: the reason why an attraction is closed down is because people aren't attracted to it, so what made Michael Eisner think people would be attracted to the movie?

• Like 1

btw, I intend on withdrawing from my philosophy class tomorrow. My mom's fine with me dropping it now, so thank god for that. Hell, I missed the other day just to get homework done for other classes. I legit can't muster up the energy to deal with that class. All I need is approval from an adviser, and I'll be good to go.

Edited by WrathOfHan

4 minutes ago, DAR said:

Yeah it’s a solid lineup.  2009 was good as was 2013 and last year.  Least favorite was probably 2011

Yeah, last year was really good too. Too bad it'll always be famous just because of that Best Picture fuck up lmao.

Edited by filmlover

Just now, Jandrew said:

Didn't even realize the oscars is this sunday, thought I had missed it.

Fell like a lot happened since those movie released and now it is true, feel a bit to late to even expend those movie outside the winner.

Last year awards were 2/26, year before 2/28 so not that much later this year.

Trump pace news cycle, TimeUp/metoo making the award season not that "fun", January big story Greatest Showman/Jumanji not being oscar movies and the 2 big nominee being early release (Get out is one year old now).

Last year oscar movies in 2017 had made between jan 1 and the Oscar

Hidden Figures: 150m

La la land: 109m

Lion: 37m

Fences: 30m

Moonlight: 9.7m

Jackie: 7.2

343m

this year

Shape of Water: 40m

Darkest Hour: 36.4

3B: 26m

Tonya: 25m

Phantom: 18m

call me by your name: 11m

233.4m

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoolEric258 said:

Some fun facts about Country Bears:

Michael Eisner was apparently this close to shutting down production on the first Pirates due to the Country Bears bombing, but it wasn't until he walked on the set, and talked with Bruckheimer and Verbinski that he decided that production should continue.

Also, at Disneyland, Country Bear Jamboree was shut down and replaced with a Winnie the Pooh ride in September 2001. The film was released in July 2002. It's ironic considering the film was all about trying to stop a greedy executive from tearing down Country Bear Hall, even though a greedy executive tore down Country Bear Hall irl, but this begs a question: the reason why an attraction is closed down is because people aren't attracted to it, so what made Michael Eisner think people would be attracted to the movie?

A lot of Eisner’s success at Disney came from having Frank Wells as a calming voice.  But the initial failure of Euro Disney and the death of Wells were some factors that lead to Eisner making a lot of questionable decisions 

Of course this would be on my Youtube homepage. So much nostalgia. Most of these spots actually still hold up quite well. Update the bumpers and take out the pop-rock and techno and you could still put these on TV. The Cingular one at 4:15 is pretty cool, don't remember it. Nostalgiaaa.

Edited by Jandrew

2 minutes ago, Jandrew said:

Of course this would be on my Youtube homepage. So much nostalgia. Most of these spots actually still hold up quite well. Update the bumpers and take out the pop-rock and techno and you could still put these on TV. The Cingular one at 4:15 is pretty cool, don't remember it. Nostalgiaaa.

Best part is the very end it features  Hero by that Nickelback guy and Josey something 

3 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Wasn't Disney planning a live-action Haunted Mansion movie with del Toro starring Ryan Gosling (I'm amazed they ever convinced him to sign on for it, given how notoriously picky he is) for a while?

Yep and a Magic Kingdom movie directed by Jon Faverau

44 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

By academic penalty, do you mean getting a W or not being able to do anything? If it's the former, just withdraw and take it again next semester. 

Next semester I'll be at uni in Victoria so I'll be paying a lot more for this course mainly because it'll add up on top of the other courses I have to do for my degree and push some things back because it's a pre req

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Please no. We're probably lucky we got one good Pirates of the Caribbean movie at all.

Given these would be from Del Toro and Faverau makes me think they’d have a least a fighting chance of being good