Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

3 minutes ago, Blank Panther said:

she had forgotten she had plans to see Black Panther with one of her other friends, and I was like "okay well would you still be interested in getting dinner still and doing something else maybe" and she was like "i'm super busy this weekend sadly" and I'm like "okay"

because if she actually wanted to go on this date, she'd make time for it; it's whatever, I just wish she had said no yesterday instead of via text

Yeah, that's the "move on" sign...if she wanted the date, and she truly was way busy this whole weekend, she'd have followed up with "but I might have time for coffee/dinner sometime next week if you're interested"...the blanket no is pretty much a no no...

At least now you have certainty...so you can move on to someone better!:)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

If this is going anywhere, the ball is in her court. The fact she didn't try to plan something for next week is probably the sign of death :whosad: 

I mean next week is Spring Break, but...

Just now, TwoMisfits said:

Yeah, that's the "move on" sign...if she wanted the date, and she truly was way busy this whole weekend, she'd have followed up with "but I might have time for coffee/dinner sometime next week if you're interested"...the blanket no is pretty much a no no...

At least now you have certainty...so you can move on to someone better!:)

I agree with this. I'm sure I'll be fine, it's like that "speak or die" thing; at least she knows now I had the interest and she didn't want to act on it. I'll just watch Coco tonight, cry my eyes out and be fine tomorrow

• Sad 4

5 minutes ago, Blank Panther said:

I agree with this. I'm sure I'll be fine, it's like that "speak or die" thing; at least she knows now I had the interest and she didn't want to act on it. I'll just watch Coco tonight, cry my eyes out and be fine tomorrow

Pretty much. Let this gestate in your mind a bit and look on the bright side. No matter how hard it feels, there will be someone out there for you that I'm sure you'll find. Keep your head up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Blank Panther said:

I listen to Dido when this kind of thing happens. I like to stew in the sadness but at least you asked

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

on an unrelated note, I'm thinking of finally putting my money where my mouth is and skipping the Oscars this year. I hate all four locked-to-win performances and I'm prepared for Remember Me to lose Song so I really don't see a point of me watching when I know it'll just get me annoyed for the majority a run

Might go see Peter Rabbit instead

9 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Pretty much. Let this gestate in your mind a bit and look on the bright side. No matter how hard it feels, there will be someone out there for you that I'm sure you'll find. Keep your head up.

seeing how this whole thing started on Ragnarok and ended on Black Panther, perhaps i only need to wait 56 days for things to change again *shrug*

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Blank Panther said:

on an unrelated note, I'm thinking of finally putting my money where my mouth is and skipping the Oscars this year. I hate all four locked-to-win performances and I'm prepared for Remember Me to lose Song so I really don't see a point of me watching when I know it'll just get me annoyed for the majority a run

Listen to This is Me on loop

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

@Blank Panther keep in mind what you accomplished by asking her out: you overcame your anxiety. Asking out someone can be incredibly nerve wracking, and even if you get rejected, there's still a bit of a high afterwards just because you did what you set out to do. 

yeah but i stick by that i would've DEFINITELY preferred to be have been rejected when asking her out; not when I wake up the next day

I see your point though. I should've been more upfront in November when I tried the first time like I did this time because that would've saved a lot of trouble

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Blank Panther said:

DOES NOT COMPUTE

• Sad 1

Just now, Telehilation said:

DOES NOT COMPUTE

to be clear, i'd watch Peter Rabbit while drunk

Just now, Telehilation said:

You've watched it like hoopty-million times already. Watch some other sad movie.

that's why it's a good choice! I know it won't fail to make me sob