Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

My problem with some of the new users are that they’re the type of people who come from IMDB or some other franchise based site who aren’t used to their franchise not being in the center of the world. Some users have called people anti-MCU/DCEU/SW/etc and attacked them because they point out something they don’t like or don’t like it at all, or even if they add the smallest criticism or their insecurities are so clear they can’t stand not having the last word. Now that is sad.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Jandrew said:

?...

It was revealed a few weeks ago that Publix was giving political contributions to Republican candidate for Florida governor Adam Putnam, a proud NRA supporter. After that, protests (organized by Parkland survivor David Hogg) were organized in which students would pretend they were dead in Publix. Publix announced they would could their ties to Putnam not long after.

• Community Manager
4 minutes ago, Nova said:

BKB was an ass and a racist but I've actually been able to have civilized conversations with him about movies and numbers before which I can't say the same for some *newer* users 

BKB was a racist for sure and he certainly could get very passionate about stuff but he was very nice to me always and accepted responsibility for his actions. I wish him the best.

2 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

I just want to get back to having actual conversations in certain threads without it devolving into a dumpster fire. Unfortunately, I don't think we'll ever get to that point for one reason or another.  

I remember it being so rare for a weekend thread or threads in general to be locked. Now weekend threads are locked within 24 hours. 

Just now, Water Bottle said:

BKB was a racist for sure and he certainly could get very passionate about stuff but he was very nice to me always and accepted responsibility for his actions. I wish him the best.

He was basically nice to anyone who was a straight white man (the overwhelming majority of this site's base), WB. :lol: Minorities were another story (which were usually backed-up by claims that he wasn't racist just because he encountered a black person in the forest one time or something).

• Community Manager
Just now, filmlover said:

He was basically nice to anyone who was a straight white man (the overwhelming majority of this site's base), WB. :lol: Minorities were another story (which were usually backed-up by claims that he wasn't racist just because he encountered a black person in the forest one time or something).

He knew I was a minority though.

3 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I agree. 

Just now, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Unfortunately (and I say this as a newish user so I'm probably just attacking myself lol) as a forum gets larger you generally get less quality posters as the quantity rises. It happens all time which is a shame. 

We need to have a BOT survival competition (sorta like The Hunger Games). A true test that separates the boys from the men.

Just now, Darth Lehnsherr said:

Unfortunately (and I say this as a newish user so I'm probably just attacking myself lol) as a forum gets larger you generally get less quality posters as the quantity rises. It happens all time which is a shame. 

See I agree and I disagree. I think there are plenty of newer users who are great. In fact a lot of my interactions on these forums since I've come back have been with new users. I mean I've never had any issues with you at all lol And I talk to @captainwondyfulon the regular through PM (I hope she doesn't mind me bringing her into this) and same with @LOGAN'sLuckyRunI just think there are a select few newer users coupled with a select few older users who are ruining it for everyone else. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

5 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

My problem with some of the new users are that they’re the type of people who come from IMDB or some other franchise based site who aren’t used to their franchise not being in the center of the world. Some users have called people anti-MCU/DCEU/SW/etc and attacked them because they point out something they don’t like or don’t like it at all, or even if they add the smallest criticism or their insecurities are so clear they can’t stand not having the last word. Now that is sad.

And there's another side of that where you see franchise fanboys go into another franchise's thread and intentionally start shit to rile people up. The Justice League threads were notorious for that. It got to the point where you saw people just going in a thread to fuck with people or kick a film while it's down. What does that add to the conversation other than trying to piss people off?  

• Like 1

What BOT needs is for the mods to be tougher and a stronger family. As soon as you get tougher (which I understand is very hard), the problem tends to stop. Also I feel that perhaps the family users once has been forgetten about.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrGamer said:

And there's another side of that where you see franchise fanboys go into another franchise's thread and intentionally start shit to rile people up. The Justice League threads were notorious for that. It got to the point where you saw people just going in a thread to fuck with people or kick a film while it's down. What does that add to the conversation other than trying to piss people off?  

We are at the point where there are some folks who legit think that the only franchise that knows how to do things is the MCU. And I'm a big fan of the MCU films but it's not the only successful franchise. There's one specific poster who I'm not going to name that shits on every single non-MCU CBM and it's like but why? 

Edited by Nova

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I hope we have a plan for whenever we have to deal with that influx of crazy ABBA fans we're gonna get when Mamma Mia 2 comes out.

My fiancé is ready to drag folks if someone is gonna talk shit about Mamma Mia 2 :P

1 minute ago, Nova said:

We are at the point where there are some folks who legit think that the only franchise that knows how to do things is the MCU. There's one specific poster who I'm not going to name that shits on every single non-MCU CBM and it's like but why? 

On top of that we gotten to the point if you say the slightest negative thing, it’s open fucking season.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
1 minute ago, Nova said:

My fiancé is ready to drag folks if someone is gonna talk shit about Mamma Mia 2 :P

it looks terrible dump her

i'm obviously joking i'm happy such a movie has it's fans and i hope your fiance loves it and when she drags you to see it you actually love it rather than pretend to so she has sex with you