Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Maybe this is what I need to stop. Every time I've almost asked someone out, I crowd source what I should do, taking advice from everyone. I constantly overlook at every single thing I do and then submit it to the approval of people who don't even know the girl. Maybe the mature thing to do is keep potential intimacy intimate, rather than spreading across my life and making it matter in every sense. Like if she said no, so what? But by making y'all and other complict in my success, maybe that's where the stress comes from. Maybe that's why I need to stop doing this shit.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Maybe this is what I need to stop. Every time I've almost asked someone out, I crowd source what I should do, taking advice from everyone. I constantly overlook at every single thing I do and then submit it to the approval of people who don't even know the girl. Maybe the mature thing to do is keep potential intimacy intimate, rather than spreading across my life and making it matter in every sense. Like if she said no, so what? But by making y'all and other complict in my success, maybe that's where the stress comes from. Maybe that's why I need to stop doing this shit.

You can do it, man. We all believe in you. I hope she says yes. :)

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, DAR said:

I'm trying to remember the last movie I saw with my mom at the theatre.  

I saw Murder on the Orient Express with my mom and sister over the weekend and my mom was like "I need to see that" when the trailer for The Post was over. That movie's audience is probably gonna be 90% over 60.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I saw Murder on the Orient Express with my mom and sister over the weekend and my mom was like "I need to see that" when the trailer for The Post was over. That movie's audience is probably gonna be 90% over 60.

My audience of mostly seniors wasn't really there for that trailer today :lol: 

48 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

My mom rarely gets out to the movies; the last two she saw were Inside Out and Cloudy witha Chance of Meatballs. I would love to start doing more stuff with her, so it's a good thing there's stuff I think she'd like coming out.

Nice! I've actually seen quite a few films with my mom in the past year recently. We saw most of the best picture nominees the previous winter. It was good. 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

My mom rarely gets out to the movies; the last two she saw were Inside Out and Cloudy witha Chance of Meatballs. I would love to start doing more stuff with her, so it's a good thing there's stuff I think she'd like coming out.

Take her to see The Shape of Water.

(I would've said Call Me by Your Name but if she's already on your case about your sexuality that much...)

• ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

I want to say the last movie I saw in the theatre with her was American Hustle.  But there has to be something else.  She's not big on your fantasy/sci fi/comic book films.  Her and my dad will see things since their both retired .   I know they saw Hidden Figures together, she liked that.  And she told me she watched the Shack on HBO and liked that too

1 minute ago, DAR said:

I want to say the last movie I saw in the theatre with her was American Hustle.  But there has to be something else.  She's not big on your fantasy/sci fi/comic book films.  Her and my dad will see things since their both retired .   I know they saw Hidden Figures together, she liked that.  And she told me she watched the Shack on HBO and liked that too

I saw Hidden Figures with most of my family on New Year's and my mom raved afterwards it was one of the best movies she's ever seen. As if there was any doubt as to how that movie made so much money...

Edited by filmlover

Just now, filmlover said:

I saw Hidden Figures with most of my family on New Year's and my mom raved afterwards it was one of the best movies she's ever seen. As if there was any doubt as to how that movie made so much money...

I'm thinking something similar is going to happen with Wonder. I can just smell the breakout there.