Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

Putin now saying he has slowed down military operations  to allow for negotiations.

Sure, VLad, sure.

The Ukranians are giving the world a exmaple of what real courage and heorism look like.

They need to be supported by every means short of boots on the ground.

Edited by dudalb
  • Like 3

Im so fucking ashamed of my country right now. After sending 5000 fucking Helmets we are the only country right now in the EU who still opposes banning Russia from SWIFT. Its a historical failure and embarrassment from our government. I can only hope that they realize fast that our country will stand as an ally of Russia if we continue that opposition.

And we need to deliver lethal arms supply to Ukraine NOW fucking NOW.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Im so fucking ashamed of my country right now. After sending 5000 fucking Helmets we are the only country right now in the EU who still opposes banning Russia from SWIFT. Its a historical failure and embarrassment from our government. I can only hope that they realize fast that our country will stand as an ally of Russia if we continue that opposition.

And we need to deliver lethal arms supply to Ukraine NOW fucking NOW.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Yes there was a meeting in Berlin with Polish and Baltic leaders, seems like they managed to talk some sense in our governments head! Late, but hopefully not too late! Im praying that Ukraine will be able to withstand all of this.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Porthos said:

Wow.  This is a really great thread.

Jumping in at a key point, but the whole thing (in both parts) is an EXTREMELY excellent read:

Some food for thought here and perhaps a catalyst for "why now" and "why did Putin so badly miscalculate what might happen".

Highly recommended reading.

Excellent thread indeed! Great read

• Like 1

The Swift trigger has been pulled; the major Russian banks have been kicked of the Swift system t. This is going to hurt Russian economy...and the oligarchs....badly.

Direct result of the wave of support for the Ukranians we are seeing.

PUtin will probably take still take Kiev..at huge cost...but then will have to deal with an insurgency that will make what the Russians had to deal with in Afghanistan look like a minor skirmish.

3 hours ago, Brainbug said:

Yes there was a meeting in Berlin with Polish and Baltic leaders, seems like they managed to talk some sense in our governments head! Late, but hopefully not too late! Im praying that Ukraine will be able to withstand all of this.

Oh, Putin wil eventually take Kiev, but then will have the mother of all Guerilla wars to deal with.

3 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Oh, Putin wil eventually take Kiev, but then will have the mother of all Guerilla wars to deal with.

I dont want to delude myself with optimism but i have a feeling (and hope of course) that Putin miscalculated greatly with this war. He may intent to destroy Ukraines government, but this all could end in his head rolling. Russias economy and society will take the mother of all hits in the coming days, weeks and months. Many dictators eventually found themselves in the situation that their own mistakes lead to their downfall.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Brainbug said:

I dont want to delude myself with optimism but i have a feeling (and hope of course) that Putin miscalculated greatly with this war. He may intent to destroy Ukraines government, but this all could end in his head rolling. Russias economy and society will take the mother of all hits in the coming days, weeks and months. Many dictators eventually found themselves in the situation that their own mistakes lead to their downfall.

Miracle on the Vistula becomes the Miracle on the Dnieper?

One can only hope.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Maggie said:

Russians are quiet, but the Ukrainians are using propaganda to a maximum effect. I hope you know Ghost of Kyiv was also fake. Blatant disinformation coming from Ukraine and probably US too

Have you been seeing some of the images on TV. You can't fake those.

One basic question: Who is the agressor here? Who started this? Who is defending their country?

Yeah, no doubt the Ukranians are using propaganda,but the images on TV are unforgettable.

And in this case Moral Equivilency and fence sitting is supporting evil.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Maggie said:

About the de-nazification of Ukraine as Putin  put it. I thought at first the man was speaking crazy, but look, article from 2018 about the problem  https://www.reuters.com/article/us-cohen-ukraine-commentary/commentary-ukraines-neo-nazi-problem-idUSKBN1GV2TY

Stephan COhen was a notorious for being a Putin fanboy.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Maggie said:

About the de-nazification of Ukraine as Putin  put it. I thought at first the man was speaking crazy, but look, article from 2018 about the problem  https://www.reuters.com/article/us-cohen-ukraine-commentary/commentary-ukraines-neo-nazi-problem-idUSKBN1GV2TY

Remember, Putin (and many of people of his ilk) like to:

Such a great turn of phrase and one we should use more often.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dudalb said:

One basic question: Who is the agressor here? Who started this? Who is defending their country?

Putin is defending his country. The best defence is the attack

Look, i was with Ukraine when this war started, but the issue is complicated

• Haha 1
  • ...wtf 4
  • Knock It Off 4