Water Bottle

Classic Conversation Thread

sometimes you can put something in rice and seal it in plastic and it works again after the contacts got wet.  A friend did that with his phone, I tried it with my Mom's remote, and it worked.  Salt, though!  She meant business!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

How bad does salt mess up the system? I dropped my phone in water once and put in a rice bag and it worked, but does salt mess it up more? This is a legitimate question.

It got into the keyboard and is probably the big reason as to why it’s super fucked up

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother said:

How bad does salt mess up the system? I dropped my phone in water once and put in a rice bag and it worked, but does salt mess it up more? This is a legitimate question.

I'm not sure, but it is corrosive so I suppose it is possible.  My mom's remote was stuck in a glass of juice overnight (don't ask) but it worked.  Some rice worked itself inside and it rattles a bit, but it didn't work before, so I call that a win! :blush:

You have to submerge it in rice for 24 hours though, at least that is what I had heard.

• Like 1

Just now, aabattery said:

Is your sister really passionate about mashed potatoes or something? I really don't get why it would justify such extreme countermeasures.

With some gravy and hot sauce I’d understand but plain mashed potatoes, nope.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aabattery said:

Is your sister really passionate about mashed potatoes or something? I really don't get why it would justify such extreme countermeasures.

Be lucky she didn't throw acid on TOG or something, otherwise he'd be like

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, trifle said:

I'm not sure, but it is corrosive so I suppose it is possible.  My mom's remote was stuck in a glass of juice overnight (don't ask) but it worked.  Some rice worked itself inside and it rattles a bit, but it didn't work before, so I call that a win! :blush:

You have to submerge it in rice for 24 hours though, at least that is what I had heard.

Sorry, I have to ask! :rofl: 

3 minutes ago, Squadron Leader Tele said:

Sorry, I have to ask! :rofl: 

It's not that great of a story.  She has a remote holder with several compartments for various remotes and she (my opinion) or someone, didn't look at what they were putting it away in. The next morning it had been in a glace of juice all night.

• Haha 1