Fake

Ice Age: Continental Drift OS Thread ($624M)

I dont expect anything more than $40M (maybe not even 30M ...) from Germany for IA4. (IA3 did $82M+ there)what a flop Europe is !

I have no idea how many tickets that is. But however many dollars 7m tickets is what I expect it to be at the minimum. Edited by lab276

It had a monday start in Germany so those numbers are difficult to read... On average they see 1.6 mio admissions until sunday and 6.7 mio admissions cume in the end. Weather is very good and sunny right now in middle Europe. I guess IA4 and TASM will suffer anyway.

Just think MIB3 (with 5 weekly at #1) total admissions could not match MIB2 OW and TASM OW couldnt match SM3 OD there.Germany B.O. is dead.

But they were never as big as Ice Age. They went from 7.3m to 8.7m to 8.7m. Not to mention MIB3 and TASM were affected by the Euro to at least some extent.

Just think MIB3 (with 5 weekly at #1) total admissions could not match MIB2 OW and TASM OW couldnt match SM3 OD there.Germany B.O. is dead.

It's the beginning of a slow decline of the German box office, they're too old.But it's a big country so it still has some interest, like Japan, but how long?

It's the beginning of a slow decline of the German box office, they're too old.But it's a big country so it still has some interest, like Japan, but how long?

Come on... Movie admissions in Germany are more or less flat over the years. What they didn't have this year so far was a big local blockbuster (they just had Intouchables with 8.6 mio admissions...). And Euro 2012 had a huge impact I guess but that's just temporary.

Come on... Movie admissions in Germany are more or less flat over the years. What they didn't have this year so far was a big local blockbuster (they just had Intouchables with 8.6 mio admissions...). And Euro 2012 had a huge impact I guess but that's just temporary.

Yeah, flat.But you forget most of viewers in theaters are under 30, many teens and kids.Given the dramatic fall of births since 1990 their numbers will fall pretty much, so the admissions will fall too.It's inavoidable, we'll feel for the 3 next decades.You have the same trends in Japan, and they will have the same future about admissions, growth. Edited by Fullbuster

Yeah, flat.But you forget most of viewers in theaters are under 30, many teens and kids.Given the dramatic fall of births since 1990 their numbers will fall pretty much, so the admissions will fall too.It's inavoidable, we'll feel for the 3 next decades.You have the same trends in Japan, and they will have the same future about admissions, growth.

It means that German film makers have to start making films for the older audiences so they have something to watch. Clearly they can't go on relying on Hollywood films since they target younger people. Edited by lab276