Fake

Ice Age: Continental Drift OS Thread ($624M)

great for Ice Age 4, it has opened pretty much everywhere now though, what will be its final total

China has yet to open.I'd say 650M OS/800M WW looks likely at this point. Next weekend drop will decide.

Wow Russia was the only big that opened this week, the rest were smaller Asian countries. That must mean great holds in Europe. It still has South Korea, Italy and Switzerland (French speaking region).

SK is not a big market for it. IA3 only made 5.1m there.

That is on par with my $30M~40M expectation IMO.

Ice Age is already at 33.7M after the second weekend with a better second weekend than the first.This is what happens when you keep going to such extremes, IA is still a very popular series in Germany, and it was never going to bomb that hard.

Ice Age is already at 33.7M after the second weekend with a better second weekend than the first.This is what happens when you keep going to such extremes, IA is still a very popular series in Germany, and it was never going to bomb that hard.

The movie opened to $16.4 million in Russia, which is the biggest weekend of 2012 there. It also had the highest opening day gross ever for an animated movie. In the U.K., the fourth Ice Age earned $9.1 million, and rolling in previews and showtimes during the week it has already made $20.8 million. It's also holding really well in most major foreign markets: for example, it was up 7 percent to $12.4 million in Germany, off 25 percent to $6.9 million in France, and off 8 percent to $5.3 million in Brazil. So far, the movie has already grossed $339 million overseas; it's still unclear whether it can match its predecessor's $690 million foreign tally, though it shouldn't really have a problem getting close to $600 million.

As far as I know, it's not being released in Japan. A film need to gross 1 billion yen ($12.5 million) to be considered a commercial success, and after Ice Age 3 bombed tremendously (almost a 90% drop in admissions compared to Ice Age 2) in 2009, I guess it makes sense that no distributor has picked it up. This exact same thing happened to Megamind a few years ago, too.

Not a big loss, it's not like this movie would have suddenly turned things around for the Ice Age franchise in Japan. IA3 only made 1.2m in Japan so it won't affect IA4's WW numbers much at all.

It doesn't matter, but it actually grossed $1.8 million in Japan. BOM doesn't update any films total in the market.I was so happy it bombed though. It was a big disappointment for me (having enjoyed the first two) and it bombing in Japan made sure it didn't reach $700 million OS and $900 million WW. :-P

Do the Japenese have lousy voice artists?The main point of IA success in the German speeking world are the voices of Sid ,Diego and Manny.

More like they dont like lousy animation movies. They make some of the strongest animation movies that covers most types of movies. I guess pixar being inspired from Miyazaki is relatable for the japs. None of the dreamworx venture including KFP did well(though it did much better than IA3).

More like they dont like lousy animation movies. They make some of the strongest animation movies that covers most types of movies. I guess pixar being inspired from Miyazaki is relatable for the japs. None of the dreamworx venture including KFP did well(though it did much better than IA3).

I like the Miyazaki works and don't understand why they are not more successfl in the west.The only animation with success in Japan besides Pixar was Tangled, so Brave will probably be great there.