Fake

Ice Age: Continental Drift OS Thread ($624M)

Don't think birth rates matter too much. Like many other countries they have a lot of immigration that can easily compensate that.

Turkish people or Poles people temporarily there and who don't speak German won't go to theaters to watch movies in German language, be serious...Immigrants won't offset this, certainly not, no way. Edited by Fullbuster

It means that German film makers have to start making films for the older audiences so they have something to watch. Clearly they can't go on relying on Hollywood films since they target younger people.

At the beginning Hollywood movies will be the most hit, indeed.But given the workforce will fall too (it began already) that means more retired people who are 70 or more, these people don't go to theaters very much, maybe never.So that will help for 10 or 15 years but after that even adult movies will decline.

Turkish people or Poles people temporarily there and who don't speak German won't go to theaters to watch movies in German language, be serious...Immigrants won't offset this, certainly not, no way.

It's not about people termporarily there. It's about people that immigrate and become French, German, Australian or Swiss citizens anyway sometimes.

It's not about people termporarily there. It's about people that immigrate and become French, German, Australian or Swiss citizens anyway sometimes.

Most of immigrants in Germany are there temporarily, and it's immigration for work, not immigrants bringing their family, they forward money to their family stayed in the homeland.By the way most of immigrants in Germany are Eastern Europeans, they have not many babies..Poland,Hungary,Ukraine, these countries have very low birth rates, in Ukraine it's really terrible.

The overall population in Europe will decline anyway over the next decades, that's nothing new. I just don't understand why you see a trend affecting box office starting right now.

I mostly talk about the future, not exactly this year, but seeing movies targeting kids and teens declining much compared to former movies of these movies is strange, so I seek some explanation.In the case of Germany it's not an economic problem because their economy is in wonderful shape with a low unemployment rate, so the admissions or the market size should grow, but they're not.The demographic trends can be a good explanation, and the success of Intouchables too, they reflect an aging population with less young pêople.I don't say that because I've a problem with Germany, it's a great country with an impressive economic success and quality products.

Hollywood in general more than three decades ago started to focus on teenagers, neglected women and older people and so on. It's a general problem and of course the USA are impacted like any other country since movie admissions per capita were close to an all time low in 2011 there.

Hollywood in general more than three decades ago started to focus on teenagers, neglected women and older people and so on.

Blame it on Star Wars.

It's a general problem and of course the USA are impacted like any other country since movie admissions per capita were close to an all time low in 2011 there.

It's funny because it's not really been a problem in Australia, per capita admissions went below 4 for the first time since some time in the 90's, but it's still way ahead of the 80's (the least attended decade). It's interesting that there's such a difference between two otherwise very similar countries. Edited by lab276

Most older adults are happy watching movies from their youth on TV. My mother was a teenager during the 2nd WW and enjoys the old UFA-movies from that time on the various German TV-stations.Some time ago I made her watch AVATAR, explaining everything that she could have missed otherwise.

Edited by Rudolf

IA4 has following markets. Some big markets like Russia, UK, South Korea and Italy. it grossed around 150M in those markets. I think it will increase in Russia but will probably decrease in UK/Italy(SK might not make much). Rest around 20M. Assume it breaks out one of the big markets and makes 200M in new markets, it still needs to hit 500M from holdovers. Possible but not easy. I think unless it breaks out crazy in some market it will drop slightly from IA3. I am thinking 650M OS.Iceland 11 July 2012 Azerbaijan 12 July 2012 Belarus 12 July 2012 Hong Kong 12 July 2012 Kazakhstan 12 July 2012 Puerto Rico 12 July 2012 Russia 12 July 2012 Singapore 12 July 2012 Thailand 12 July 2012 Ukraine 12 July 2012 Bulgaria 13 July 2012 Taiwan 13 July 2012 UK 13 July 2012 Armenia 16 July 2012 Cambodia 19 July 2012 Vietnam 20 July 2012 South Korea 26 July 2012 Italy 28 September 2012 Switzerland 28 September 2012 (Italian speaking region)