Fake

Brave OS Thread

PIXAR FILMS IN 3D (Overseas Gross)

2010 648.2 M TOY STORY lll (sequel)

2009 438.3 M UP (original)

2011 368.4 M CARS ll (sequel)

It's something about connection. Could go either way. I expect 450 M.

so Brave will be lowest 3D OS grosser for Pixar by a margin

lowest prediction I found was 330 (I predicted 400)

Competition with Mad 3 and IA3 really hurt it OS. Still doesn't explain why it flopped in Japan though.

I guess it just wasn't appealing enough, not to mention the local film "The Wolf Children Ame and Yuki" which became quite a hit. Edited by lab276

I guess it just wasn't appealing enough, not to mention the local film "The Wolf Children Ame and Yuki" which became quite a hit.

Madagascar 3 was in the same position and did ok.Latin America is where Brave lost big.

It takes place in Scotland and has only made $12m in UK. That's all kinds of awful.Pixar's release strategy (rather Disney's) is backfiring like mad.

It's just started in the UK, it's actually going to be Brave's best market, so I wouldn't call it awful.
  • Like 1

I still can not believe Pixar made a princess movie.

for me Bave is neither a Princess movie nor a fairy taleI am sure Pixar wanted to newly define those genres, but they failed. They mixed a lot of different elements (brilliantly mastering the techniques) but failed to produce an interesting story.