Fake

The Amazing Spider-Man OS Thread (413M)

Sony wisely allowed ASM to open in the smaller superhero movie markets first and allow some awareness to spread before opening in the bigger European markets.

Do you think a regular person would care if it was doing well in some other country? Probably not.

All the European markets together (not counting UK and Russia) still add a huge gross to the final tally of a movie, so they are important.

I mean, they're not on the long run.Russia will pass France in 4 years to become the biggest European market (and will continue to grow fast after that), Brazil/Mexico will pass UK/Germany in 2 or 3 years,India will pass Germany soon too...and so on (and I even don't talk about the growth of smaller countries as Taiwan, Singapore...).European market is still big, but they won't decide of the fate of TASM,a success in Asia and Latin america will be a good omen for TASM 2.

Yeah, they don't. Just look at MIB3. Very weak results in Europe. But Snow White and Prometheus already had better results there. If I am not mistaken, Prometheus flopped in Asia. A movie needs to be huge everywhere to do 650M+ results OS. Right now, TASM is a question mark. I still think it will do 800M OS, but that is not even closed to locked.

Edited by CJohn

Yeah, they don't. Just look at MIB3. Very weak results in Europe. But Snow White and Prometheus already had better results there. If I am not mistaken, Prometheus flopped in Asia. A movie needs to be huge everywhere to do 650M+ results OS. Right now, TASM is a question mark. I still think it will do 800M OS, but that is not even closed to locked.

Prometheus did not flop in Asia, it hasn't even opened in Japan or China yet, and MIB 3 has overall now made solid numbers in Europe, come on dude, you're being kind of overdramatic when you are saying it "flopped in this or that continent" Edited by Shriekofthevulture

50M is decent. I would say it is well on track for 600m+ but 700m won't be easy.

Too soon to judge, it's $50m without China, France, UK,Australia,Russia,Brazil and Mexico.And I wait 700M-750M, CJohn your 800M are a little bit optimistic.Personally I just want it to break $1B WW, with 700M OS that would be possible, with 750M OS that would be sure.

Prometheus did not flop in Asia, it hasn't even opened in Japan or China yet, and MIB 3 has overall now made solid numbers in Europe, come on dude, you're being kind of overdramatic when you are saying it "flopped in this or that continent"

I can't imagine a success in these countries, many hurdles to overcome.

Prometheus did not flop in Asia, it hasn't even opened in Japan or China yet, and MIB 3 has overall now made solid numbers in Europe, come on dude, you're being kind of overdramatic when you are saying it "flopped in this or that continent"

It made solid numbers in some of them, but flopped in most. I am talking in a general way.Prometheus won't do well in China or Japan...

It made solid numbers in some of them, but flopped in most. I am talking in a general way.Prometheus won't do well in China or Japan...

which Asian countries did it flop in and what was it expected to make? also, Japan was the highest market for the previous Alien movies so Prometheus probably has a lot of potential there

China and Japan are very different markets - it's common for films to make good money in China, but flop in Japan and vice versa. Japan can become the biggest OS market for Prometheus (possibly over 40M).

650 m?With 300 m locked in Asia and 125 m locked on Latin America, ASM would need to fall short of 225 m in Europe to miss 650 m.That's not going to happen. :)

Too soon to judge, it's $50m without China, France, UK,Australia,Russia,Brazil and Mexico.And I wait 700M-750M, CJohn your 800M are a little bit optimistic.Personally I just want it to break $1B WW, with 700M OS that would be possible, with 750M OS that would be sure.

Yeah I think a reasonable range for ASM is 725-775 m OS right now with conservative estimates in Europe.