Fake

The Amazing Spider-Man OS Thread (413M)

I think people are overestimating too much the effect that TDKR will have at the box office. It isn't the second coming, the movement for the film around here is weaker than TASM at this point here. I'm sure that Brazil is not the only place like this.

That is because he was predicting 1.2B OS (seriously!) before it came out.

Yeah not even me predicted that high. I over predicted TASM, but I was thinking $1.2B WW. Regardless if me and fired deep were wrong, The Amazing Spider-Man is behaving much more like a box office monster than an ordinary reboot. Even if ends up not making as much as the previous films, the numbers are quite fantastic to a franchise restart. Anticipating the sequel as fuck, and hoping they pull off more than a trilogy this time.

Deathly Hallows 2 had exactly $66.6M 3rd weekend, had opened everywhere except China and it made another 200M from those markets.I'd say TASM can manage 180M. That will take it to 500M OS without China!So pretty decent in the end.

and AVATAR had a 7th we with $32m and made more than $550m afterwards

Predictions:

firedeep - 950M

SentryTrans - 850M

CJohn - 810M

Charism - 760M

Fake - 750M

fmpro - 740M

grey ghost - 725M+

Juby - 720M

Shriekofthevulture - 710M

TLK - 650M+

Heretic - 550-650M

KenterKane - < 650M

acab - 600M

CEDAR - 500-600M

Average prediction - 720M

SM3 OS 3rd we $51,003,277

so TASM with $66.6m in 2nd we needs either good weekdays or a super hold

WOM for TASM is leagues and bounds better than SM3. The thing about TASM is that it doesn't need to make as much as SM3 or the previous films. A reboot is an investment, and in my book they've pulled off the best Spider-Man film yet. The anticipation for TASM 2 will escalate for some crazy levels if they keep the quality and provide Marc Webb what he needs to tell his take on Spidey.

If this breaks out in China, 900M WW is still possible.Worst-case scenario:DOM: 250MOS (current markets): 480MChina: 90MTotal: 820MBest-case Scenario:DOM: 265MOS (current markets): 505MChina: 130MTotal: 900M

• Like 1

We all understated the reboot effect. It's a mistake we now have learned from!

Exchange rates are what causing the problem here.... TASM would have easily made 50M more with last year's exchange rates.

If this breaks out in China, 900M WW is still possible.Worst-case scenario:DOM: 250MOS (current markets): 480MChina: 90MTotal: 820MBest-case Scenario:DOM: 265MOS (current markets): 505MChina: 130MTotal: 900M

I believe in this film's legs and I'm hoping that it will pull off a few more surprises for us. :D

You really think that 265 mill is BCS ?

all those little OS-people going gaga over seeing colourful pictures in 3D telling the same story again

It is not the same story. The Amazing Spider-Man is as much the same story from Raimi's Spider-Man as Batman Begins is the same story from Burton's Batman, regardless how you spin that fact. The WOM for this is strong because it's a film at gathered people so much passionated for this project that they pulled off one of the best superhero films yet, and pardon me Rudolf, but since The Avengers run I think you are clearly out of touch about what makes a good superhero film. The Amazing Spider-Man is living up to its title, and regardless how people try to spin it, it's an astounding success.