Fake

The Amazing Spider-Man OS Thread (413M)

Nah, seems terrible to me, should gross about 60% of what alot of people were expecting, it should have made much more.

$28.3M weekend. :(

384.5M cume.

Exhibitor Relations@ERCboxoffice

Overseas, SPIDER-MAN netted an additional $29.8M for a total of $386M. Worldwide cume: $614M

800M WW seems difficult to reach now. :(

Terrible weekend, will make 450m or so without China and 500-550m with China. It is nice to be right. :P

This is from The Amazing Spider-Man's third weekend estimates. TASM reached $386m in the foreign markets after its 3rd weekend. TDKR reached 376m and people are claiming that's a success. I find it ironic that Totem and others were claiming TASM's doom and gloom after The Amazing Spider-Man grossed more than TDKR in the same time frame in the foreign markets.

"Oh but it's 3d and TDKR is 2d", yeah, that's right, but TASM is still a reboot that so far made more in the foreign markets than TDKR, which is a finale. If we can say that TASM has an edge because it has 3d, TASM is facing a far more tough market than TDKR, which makes the numbers of a reboot that still made more than an acclaimed finale far more impressive.

With that said, Totem is right. It's nice to be right. Yes, TDKR will gross more than TASM worldwide, but still will be very close between TASM and TDKR as far as foreign markets go. So I'm right about the fact that TASM still has a shot of making more than TDKR in the foreign markets, and even if it doesn't, it's still insanely impressive for a reboot that faced the kind of competion that it did.

Just saying. B)

Edited by Chris O Donnell

Dude, sorry to tell you but you are being dumb as fuck. Go to the TDKR OS thread and understand why your hate makes you write nonsense shit like this.

Edited by CJohn

Amazing Spider-Man has 3D, which has a much bigger pull in developing markets. Say what you want, Jack, but your idiocy knows no bounds. Facts are facts. TDKR's overseas performance is undoubtedly stronger than TASM's (who was always a bigger draw overseas).

• Like 3

Why do you compare the OS performances of TDKR / TASM ? TDKR will be ahead no doubts.But it's not bad for TASM, and the movie has been unlucky with an important soccer championship for the European release and the competition from TDKR shortly after its release.TASM2 will be TDKR OS I think, but for TASM no.

Why do you compare the OS performances of TDKR / TASM ? TDKR will be ahead no doubts.But it's not bad for TASM, and the movie has been unlucky with an important soccer championship for the European release and the competition from TDKR shortly after its release.TASM2 will be TDKR OS I think, but for TASM no.

My point is that if people are bad mouthing TASM performance, they might ending up surprised how close they will be in the end. Both performances are good, more so to TASM since it's a reboot, it's performing like a blockbuster instead of a reboot, TDKR's run been this close of TASM and still not been able to match what it did in the same time frame is a testament of that.

My point is that if people are bad mouthing TASM performance, they might ending up surprised how close they will be in the end. Both performances are good, more so to TASM since it's a reboot, it's performing like a blockbuster instead of a reboot, TDKR's run been this close of TASM and still not been able to match what it did in the same time frame is a testament of that.

But it's not the same timeframe. You are comparing a 4 week total for Spidey with a 3 week total for TDKR. Talk about misleading.

But it's not the same timeframe. You are comparing a 4 week total for Spidey with a 3 week total for TDKR. Talk about misleading.

My point is that TDKR will be closer to TASM than most of the haters would like to admit. My arguing is no more misleading than you claiming a 4 week total whe you know that it was India and like two other countries before it's first weekend. But hey, whatever, still pretty confident about TDKR not being able to top TASM's foreing BO even after next weekend estimates. I have a hunch that China will define who comes on top overseas.

My point is that TDKR will be closer to TASM than most of the haters would like to admit. My arguing is no more misleading than you claiming a 4 week total whe you know that it was India and like two other countries before it's first weekend. But hey, whatever, still pretty confident about TDKR not being able to top TASM's foreing BO even after next weekend estimates. I have a hunch that China will define who comes on top overseas.

India only opened to $6m and the film made $51m on that weekend. It was quite a bit more than 3 countries and you know it.

So Jack, what's the deal? In early June you were claiming that a $600m prediction for Spidey was underplaying it a lot for Spidey. Now you're saying that it never had a chance at $600m and that I had "backhanded expectations" for it. What the hell is that flip flop dude?

I clearly didn't know as much about box office numbers as I do now. I was about as much clueless as people expecting the same kind of numbers for TDKR. And you know they are out there.

I clearly didn't know as much about box office numbers as I do now. I was about as much clueless as people expecting the same kind of numbers for TDKR. And you know they are out there.

Sure, like Ray Subers at BOM with his $850m prediction for TDKR. Then again, a lot of us here were giving him shit for that one. :lol: