Neo

Top Gun Maverick | May 27, 2022 | Catch it in theaters...again on December 2nd! | Comes to Paramount+ on December 22!

On 4/26/2019 at 8:03 AM, Alli said:

Holly macaroni! The budget for this is huge. It's shooting under the name Island Plaza. And that's just the California expenditures. Also Ford v. Ferrari is a surefire bomb

Screenshot-2019-04-25-Program-Report-CA-Tax-Credit-Progress-Re

Thanks for posting. How credible is this information? If it's true that's a heck of a lot of faith in the name value and Cruise's star power in the current climate outside of MI.

At least it should look amazing and hopefully have some really great air combat scenes. 

On 4/27/2019 at 11:23 AM, RaidensSword said:

Thanks for posting. How credible is this information? If it's true that's a heck of a lot of faith in the name value and Cruise's star power in the current climate outside of MI.

Here is the source of the info. It's real

http://film.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/CA-Tax-Credit-Progress-Report-FINAL-DRAFT-11-2-18.pdf

oh and didn't they already make the Top gun sequel? I thought it was called Days of Thunder...

15 minutes ago, Alli said:

Here is the source of the info. It's real

http://film.ca.gov/wp-content/uploads/CA-Tax-Credit-Progress-Report-FINAL-DRAFT-11-2-18.pdf

oh and didn't they already make the Top gun sequel? I thought it was called Days of Thunder...

Days of Thunder was more of a remake.........

Probably best remembered now as the first American film for Nicole Kidman.

I just am not sure the zeitgeist is right for Top Gun 2.  This is not Reagan's America anymore.

Edited by dudalb

7 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Days of Thunder was more of a remake.........

I just am not sure the zeitgeist is right for Top Gun 2.  This is not Reagan's America anymore.

oh yeah. a remake...that flopped. same fate TG 2 will meet.

i really don't know who the target audience is for this. many of the people who watched the first are dead. and the first one is not some beloved classic like Mary Poppins  (and even that one underperformed). 

not even talking about the politics of the movie which may turn off the potential young audience

8 minutes ago, Alli said:

i really don't know who the target audience is for this. many of the people who watched the first are dead. and the first one is not some beloved classic like Mary Poppins  (and even that one underperformed). 

Top Gun is more steeped in the pop culture zeitgeist than Poppins. Also, the Cruiser just released one of the greatest action films maybe ever less than a year ago, Have a little faith in him & McQ

7 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

https://www.10news.com/news/local-news/top-gun-2-plane-driven-through-coronado-streets

How is this movie still filming, seems like they been filming a year, unless they started early for tax rebates in Cali

Must be a complicated film to shoot, but I'm not sure when the film actually started shooting? Cruise had already posted photos of him on set and yet some sites were saying the film hadn't started yet?

Edit: "The jet, which belongs to the San Diego Air and Space Museum Gillespie Field Annex, was used for the filming of Top Gun 2 at Naval Air Station North Island over the winter. During filming, the F-14 never took flight."

From the article, so they're done shooting apparently. 

Edited by TimmyRiggins

‘Top Gun: Maverick’ Star Miles Teller Admits It’s Hard Keeping up With Tom Cruise  “Literally every detail that guy is dialed in on,” Teller says of his costar

Miles Teller is certainly feeling the need for speed, but he may also feel the need for a breather after working with Tom Cruise on “Top Gun: Maverick.”

Teller says he’s been working hard keeping up with Cruise’s blistering pace and sure-to-be outrageous stunts for the sequel to Cruise’s 1986 jetfighter blockbuster “Top Gun.”

“I’m certainly trying, but it is difficult,” Teller said to TheWrap as he nears the end of shooting. “Just the volume of it. I’m sure a lot of people can do it for a couple days or a week, but can you do it month after month after month? There’s been nothing on this film that didn’t take a lot of training to accomplish.”

I'm a TC Fan but I was Always sceptical of this movie's Prospects.To top it off came Jeff Sneider's Tweet that a Blockbuster movie was shaping up to be a "Disaster" at the time when this movie's Release was Pushed.Now that the first footage is shown we get this news:  

He seems to be a industry person but is he Reliable ? if he is then i guess my fears were Right.Also did anyone recently ask or Jeff Sneider  say Which Blockbuster he was referring ? i mean Men in Black was also shooting at the time and it's  a disaster.Terminator:Dark web doesn't look good either.

27 minutes ago, Tim Hetmyer said:

I'm a TC Fan but I was Always sceptical of this movie's Prospects.To top it off came Jeff Sneider's Tweet that a Blockbuster movie was shaping up to be a "Disaster" at the time when this movie's Release was Pushed.Now that the first footage is shown we get this news:  

He seems to be a industry person but is he Reliable ? if he is then i guess my fears were Right.Also did anyone recently ask or Jeff Sneider  say Which Blockbuster he was referring ? i mean Men in Black was also shooting at the time and it's  a disaster.Terminator:Dark web doesn't look good either.

This guy sounds reliable. Besides hating Brie Larson with a passion, he seems to be present at film festivals and other industry events.

I think Sneider was talking about MIB:I

Edited by Alli

I expect critics will have a field day with this one. Expect The Mummy reviews. Just a hunch i have had for a while. This movie didn't need to happen. Speaks of desperation of TC. Chasing that box office hit in all the wrong places...

11 minutes ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Why would anyone expect a great movie out of Top Gun2 anyways. The original was basically recruitment video elevated by Tom Cruise. Just have to do it like Cobra Kai which was another reboot of a bad but enjoyable 80s movie.

But the Thing is You Could make a GREAT trailer of Top gun.it's Corny dialogue,Eye popping visuals and great soundtrack would make for a great trailer even if the movie is not particularly great.So the first footage Of Top Gun 2 Receiving bad Reception is not a good sign imo.

• Like 1