grim22

BOTs Top 25 Movies of 2017 | NOLANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

4 minutes ago, aabattery said:

The myth that Oldman is good in Darkest Hour is becoming worryingly widespread.

I suppose it's a little too late to turn the tide to another nominee at the Oscars given how much of a predicted frontrunner he is and the number of major awards he has already won.

1 minute ago, Rorschach said:

I suppose it's a little too late to turn the tide to another nominee at the Oscars given how much of a predicted frontrunner he is and the number of major awards he has already won.

Rooting for DDL to swoop in.

Or send in Tom Hanks to Kanye it off him or something.

1 minute ago, CoolioD1 said:

of all the on screen churchil's i've seen (lithgow, gleeson, finney) oldman is probably the second worst. with the worst obviously being timothy spall in the king's speech because what the hell.

The theatre I saw Phantom Thread at had four posters up for Timothy Spall movies.

It was a Spall overload, absolute madness.

1 minute ago, aabattery said:

The theatre I saw Phantom Thread at had four posters up for Timothy Spall movies.

It was a Spall overload, absolute madness.

the spawn of spall also pops up in a lot of movies as well. he's in the new jurassic world.

• Astonished 1

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I've been entertaining the possibility of DDL upsetting. Phantom Thread overperformed in nominations, and he only missed SAG because screeners were sent like 5 days before the deadline.

As great as DDL is in Phantom Thread, I don't see him having a chance at winning. But he'll be finishing his career (maybe) with three lead actor Oscars so no one's gonna feel bad for him.