Boxofficerules

Bad Samaritan May 4th, Dean Devin (Of Geostorm fame) directing

So I just watched the trailer and the film does seem kind of interesting. I prefer horror that isn't supernatural so I would probably be more open to watching this than other horror films. Only The Brave revealed to me that a director who falters with big-budget films can really surprise audiences with smaller films (Joseph Kosinski, transitioning from Tron Legacy and Oblivion). So maybe the same will be true for Dean Devlin. After all, Devlin did direct 16 episodes of a TV show called Leverage, which had good reviews overall, and that wasn't nearly as bombastic scope-wise as Geostorm.

This is a nice little retelling of the classic film Rear Window.  It's obviously not exactly the same thing.  Rear Window had a guy witnessing a crime while he was with his mistress.  This one has someone witnessing a kidnapping while he is robbing the guys house.  Creates a moral dilemma.  You have to do the right thing but at a cost to your self.  

I like the trailer.  It's not really horror, more like a thriller.  I wonder if this could break out?

I think this might be much worse of a flop than Unsane was. I feel like there aren't many people that actually know this is coming out. Electric Entertainment must have tried a subdued approach to marketing. Hopefully I'm wrong, though; a passable thriller starring David Tennant probably deserves to be a little more than a flop.

Edited by slambros

7 minutes ago, Boxofficerules said:

Reviews are decent so far.

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/bad_samaritan

I'll wait for more reviews, but this is an interesting turn of events :jeb!: 

4 minutes ago, slambros said:

I think this might be much worse of a flop than Unsane was. I feel like there aren't many people that actually know this is coming out. Electric Entertainment must have tried a subdued approach to marketing. Hopefully I'm wrong, though; a passable thriller starring David Tennant probably deserves to be a little more than a flop.

Oh it's going to bomb hard. Anything over 2.5M this weekend would genuinely surprise me.