That One Girl

BLACK PANTHER WEEKEND THREAD | Current Estimates - 202.4M 3-day / 242.6M 4-day | Record 40.167 Monday; more than TFA!

So if BP were to follow DP, then Sunday it would stay flat from Saturday and Monday would only be a 50% Drop.

So assuming Saturday is down by about 25%, then we could be looking at:

217 mill for the four day and 190 for the three.  :ohmyzod:

• Astonished 1

I think there has to be some allowance for it to be very front loaded.  The hype to see this is insane.  So even if it doesn't stay flat Sunday, but drops by 10%, we're still looking at monster numbers.

Just looked back on other President's Day weekend numbers from years past and Deadpool is definitely an anomaly.  Most other films fall more than 15% on Sunday.  So tough to say hat BP will do.  

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

I think there has to be some allowance for it to be very front loaded.  The hype to see this is insane.  So even if it doesn't stay flat Sunday, but drops by 10%, we're stilll looking at monster numbers.

Sunday will drop. I promise you that. 10% Drop would be amazing.

Sunday for Deadpool was Valentines Day and the Sunday before Presidents Day.

This Year it is just the Sunday before Presidents Day.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aabattery said:

Black Panther has the record for the highest opening weekend for a film starring Michael B. Jordan.

Highest opening weekend to star a main cast member of the Walking Dead.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

21 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

I fully expect this to be front loaded, it's the nature of this type of hype. This was more hyped than the last Jedi seriously, a great marketing campaign by Disney.

With numbers like this it doesn’t even matter if that’s the case. 400 million is already a lock and it starts its bo run from such a high point that even terrible legs, which I doubt it will have anyway, won’t prevent it from being another triumph for marvel.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, GirafficPark said:

Yeah, I mean December is winter in the Northern hemisphere, so no record there..

10 minutes ago, Taruseth said:

Right, but December is part of it too.

:ph34r: all three of those OW in December are in the part of December that is the Fall...

Just now, Thrylos 7 said:

With numbers like this it doesn’t even matter if that’s the case. 400 million is already a lock and it starts its bo run from such a high point that even terrible legs, which I doubt it will have anyway, won’t prevent it from being another triumph for marvel.

eh.. the difference between 400 and 600 doesn't matter? I never said it won't be a success.

3 minutes ago, RandomYojimbo said:

:ph34r: all three of those OW in December are in the part of December that is the Fall...

Winter starts on Dec 1st according to the meteorological calender. It is strictly defined as December, January and February. Each season has 3 months.

Edited by GirafficPark

1 minute ago, GirafficPark said:

Winter starts on Dec 1st according to the meteorological calender. It is strictly defined as December, January and February. Each season has 3 months.

Yeah...

The probably count December as Holidays or something like that.

10 minutes ago, GirafficPark said:

:huh: I've never heard of Winter starting the 1st. 21st of Dec to Mar. 20th is how I know it. Based on the equinox and solstice.

Edited by RandomYojimbo