grim22

Jurassic World: Dominion | June 10 2022 | 6th Most Profitable Movie of 2023

7 minutes ago, titanic2187 said:

South china morning post give a negative review at 2/5. Strangely it gave FK a fresh at 3.5/5.

I think overall reception could be same-ish as FK, maybe a bit worse. But the few international reviews that have come out thus far indicate that while its not a terrible movie, it has similar flaws (pacing/story) as FK.

5 minutes ago, Alex SciChannel said:

Any news for the 1st day?

https://deadline.com/2022/06/jurassic-world-dominion-international-box-office-preview-korea-record-1235036682/

In total this weekend, Dominion will bow in 15 international box office markets. Along with Korea, majors include Mexico, Brazil and Italy. The Chris Pratt/Bryce Dallas Howard-starrer is eyeing a $45M+ start from the early play. 

In like-for-likes, the previous two movies did $47.3M (2015’s Jurassic World, including previews) and $59.8M (2018’s Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, including previews).

Universal’s Jurassic World Dominion began early offshore rollout today and is off to a stomping good start in Korea with $6M. This is the fourth biggest opening day of all time in the market — topped only by Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, Avengers: Endgame, and local title Along With The Gods 2 — and is the highest opening day of the pandemic there. The release pattern on JWD differs from that of Fallen Kingdom which debuted in 48 overseas markets in 2018, but is similarly also before domestic which this time around goes June 10.

8 minutes ago, Bigscrubnus said:

So, what are we expecting this to finish with domestic and WW?

My hope and dream which i wont abandon until reality slaps me: 550M+ DOM, 650M+ OS = 1,2B WW

My prediction if WOM is mixed as it seems right now: 400M+ DOM, 500M+ OS = 900M+ WW

6 minutes ago, Bigscrubnus said:

I’d be satisfied with a billion in all honesty 

I think that goes without saying honestly. Considering the pandemic, the War in Ukraine and all other circumstances, reaching a billion would be fantastic.

1 minute ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

Universal was releasing its small time movies in Russia. 

What's stopping them from releasing this and get that extra 30-40 million.

There is a Russia release date attached to Dominion on IMDB on June 16th. Don't know how real it is though as that's the only source I can find stating a Russian release.

2 minutes ago, Bigscrubnus said:

Alright guys, what do you think the odds of this crossing a billion are?

Id say its still more likely than not, but we should really wait for the DOM OW to give an accurate estimate. If it overperforms DOM (500M+), a billion is very likely. If it doesnt, it becomes very unlikely.

7 minutes ago, Bigscrubnus said:

If it crosses Fallen Kingdom in domestic then it should make billion.

Fallen Kingdom did 417 million, if it even does 425+ million then i don't think Foreign will be so bad as to miss a Billion.

I'm thinking 600-650 in overseas and 425-450 in Domestic.

So if we say Overseas has War, Lockdowns Exchange rate problems then 425-450 million domestic to be on safer side.

1 hour ago, Alex SciChannel said:

There is a Russia release date attached to Dominion on IMDB on June 16th. Don't know how real it is though as that's the only source I can find stating a Russian release.

It's getting released in CIS countries on that date but not in Russia itself.

37 minutes ago, Bigscrubnus said:

I think 1B is still very close to certainty (just maybe not much over that), with China possibly giving it $100M , I just don't see overseas drop that drastically to not at least give it a $1B total.

It would also be super weird if all three of DS2, TG:M, and JWD end up in the $900M range worldwide...

Edited by NCsoft

1 minute ago, NCsoft said:

It would also be super weird if all three of DS2, TG:M, and JWD end up in the $900M range worldwide...

Would be like the 2000s, where most major blockbusters (Harry Potter/LOTR/Star Wars/OG Spider-Man) endet up in the 800-950M region.