Dementeleus

Tele's Year in Movies - 2017 | Top Ten revealed! (pg3)

3 hours ago, Telehilation said:

I forgot to change my alarm from yesterday, when I had to drive a friend to the airport. :( Also, Tele Jr's had the stomach flu so my schedule and sleep cycle is all funky right now. 

I'm working nights now so I don't start till 4pm and get home at 1AM.  I've been working AM's for 3 years now, so my body is not in tune with the sleep patterns I should be on right now.  I'm still waking up at 730 after going to bed at 330.  It will take some getting used to.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fancyarcher said:

Great list of films. Apes, and Logan are nice surprises, and Dunkirk at #3 is shocking. I just finally saw Five Come Back not too long ago, and thought it was terrific. 

It's one of the more sudden and unusual turnarounds of opinion for me. Was fairly mixed the first time I saw it, warmed up significantly the second time (in IMAX), and it ended up being part of a truly special moment for me (and really hit on all cylinders) when I saw it in IMAX again with my dad. First time we've seen a movie in theaters together since TWO TOWERS.

• Like 3
  • Disbelief 1

Just now, HerediTele said:

It's one of the more sudden and unusual turnarounds of opinion for me. Was fairly mixed the first time I saw it, warmed up significantly the second time (in IMAX), and it ended up being part of a truly special moment for me (and really hit on all cylinders) when I saw it in IMAX again with my dad. First time we've seen a movie in theaters together since TWO TOWERS.

I think it's one of those films where you must watch it in IMAX, it helps the film experience even more (unfortunately I never got the opportunity, the same day I was going to see it in IMAX, the car broke down, touche). It probably also helps in your case that you saw it with your dad. Those tend to make for memorable theater experience, especially as you get older, and can't see your dad as much anymore (like in my case).

• Like 1

The Post - Real good!

TLJ - Great!

Apes - Pretty good!

Florida Project - Real good!

Phantom Thread - Great!

Five Came Back - Haven't seen!

Logan - Pretty good!

Dunkirk - Great!

Get Out - Great!

Mudbound - Great!

I think I have synced up too close to Tele this year :kitschjob:

• Like 1

On 08/03/2018 at 2:56 PM, baumer said:

As always, fantastic work putting it together, Tele.  I must say, our taste this year seems to be miles apart, for the most part.  But this is your list, not mine.  I'm glad you have an ecelctic list this year.  For what it's worth,  here's my comments per film:

Ive read from so many on line brats that The Post is nothing more than Oscar bait, and I think they are so wrong.  It's obviously a very relevant film, especially for the times we are living in now.  Good choice for a top ten film, no doubt.

I've said my piece about TLJ many times now.  #NotmyStarWars

I think I need to see Apes again because it really depressed me the first time and I have a really hard time watching any film that tortures animals.  But beyond that, I found it to be a bit too slow and lacked the focus and gravitas of the first two.

I've tried to find The Florida Project and can't do so.  I will see this one eventually.  It looks fantastic.

I loved the acting in Phantom Thread but the film was slow and I just couldn't find any interest in the subject matter.  Not a bad film but not near top 25 for me.

Haven't seen Five Came Back.  But it's on Netflix so I will find it.

Wow!  A comic book movie on your top ten list of the year!  Good to see we both loved Logan.  I had this in my top ten as well.

Dunkirk was good.  Not great, imo.  

Get Out!  Love that you have this one so high.  It's great for me personally, to see a horror film get so much recognition.  Great choice here.

I haven't seen Mudbound, but again, a Netflix original, so I'll find it.

Great job, as always!

Baumer The Florida Project is really a great film you need to watch and IMO it should be on top 2 of everyone's list this year. I think it should have been nominated for BP and BD and won both this year.  

• Like 2