CJohn

Early Friday Numbers (The Lorax - 17.5M; Project X - 8.2M)

I thought ERC had it 17.5 and Guru 17.4. Unless, my math skills fail me that's not 1 mil. That's 100k

Sorry my mistake and I am not gonna give Typo the blame, I wasn't just paying too much attention to the 17m at all, I just looked at the 100k difference and made it to a million.

So Lorax could finish in Despicable Me territory if WOM is good enough. It has no competition for two months.I hate to bring this up, but... could it win next weekend too?

I don't think so. Carter will have an OW of 45M+ can't see Lorax holding that well.

So Lorax could finish in Despicable Me territory if WOM is good enough. It has no competition for two months.I hate to bring this up, but... could it win next weekend too?

:lol:I hope so... that would be hysterical.If JC really is an epic bomb... oh it's gonna be good :lol:

So Lorax could finish in Despicable Me territory if WOM is good enough. It has no competition for two months. I hate to bring this up, but... could it win next weekend too?

Doubt it.. But lorax could do DM numbers

Sorry my mistake and I am not gonna give Typo the blame, I wasn't just paying too much attention to the 17m at all, I just looked at the 100k difference and made it to a million.

LOL Not a problem. The original estimate from last night was 16.4 so not a big deal.

I don't think so. Carter will have an OW of 45M+ can't see Lorax holding that well.

I'm sorry, "will have"? It's tracking worse than Battle: LA and that only opened to 32m. It could very well break out given what we've seen but there's a reason why people are down on it because the marketing has been terrible and made it look like generic crap, plus, no one cares if it's directed by Andrew Stanton.

The box office expectations for Carter on this site kills me. I have seen as low as 28M OW.

Well we won't have long to see who's right. This is the home stretch for the film. I'm predicting 47m. That's because of the tracking and low buzz. But with this box office environment it could probably do 50m or more.

The box office expectations for Carter on this site kills me. I have seen as low as 28M OW.

I have seen as low as 22 OW / 50 DOM total. And I laugh on how absurd it was.

I'm sorry, "will have"? It's tracking worse than Battle: LA and that only opened to 32m. It could very well break out given what we've seen but there's a reason why people are down on it because the marketing has been terrible and made it look like generic crap, plus, no one cares if it's directed by Andrew Stanton.

How many times has tracking been off?

How many times has tracking been off?

To me it's perplexing just because of the director. I mean the two films he's directed made over a billion WW combined. Plus he's had a hand in just about every Pixar film, not to mention the majority were of the highest quality. I mean you have a Wall-E in your holster, you can pretty much trump a majority of movies out there.Granted I know it has to do with the marketing, but given the pedigree you think there'd be a benefit of the doubt.

I have seen as low as 22 OW / 50 DOM total. And I laugh on how absurd it was.

With Lorax ending up as high as 60M (maybe) why couldn't Carter end up as high, right? I read that this is the first blockbuster in a while, so the potential for breakout is even higher?