sfran43

Weekend Thread: WKND #BoxOffice - APR 20-22:#AQuietPlace $22M/$132.4M#Rampage $21M/$66.6M#IFeelPretty $16.2M#SuperTroopers $14.7M#TruthOrDare $7.9M/$30.4M pg 24

3 hours ago, MovieMan89 said:

Ok then this is directed at both of you:

It's not a troll club, I wouldn't have gone out of my way to breakdown how it could happen in the OP if it were. I always give breakdowns for how a club I make can happen, unlike many clubs made here where people tend to just say: "I think this can happen, who's in!!!"  

It was made in the same vein as my Mouse or Drought one: high risk, high reward. I like those kind of clubs, they're far more interesting whether I fail or succeed. For the record, I'd be willing to put money on the line BP is no lower than #4 next weekend, but that simply wasn't interesting enough of a club when the possibility is there for even higher. And why are you assuming something like AQP can't drop more than 60%? We've seen countless films plummet beyond that in the face of a huge opener, even ones with good WOM. Plenty of variables at play here that can make it a reality and not impossible. 

Who cares if it's number four for the weekend?  It's not going to be number two.  And for the record, I still think it's ridiculous to think that BP is going to increase this weekend enough to make it into the top 5.

And furthermore, people are not allowed to make clubs where they say, "X film over X film...WHO'S IN?"  That's been outlawed for about three years now.  Honestly movieman, I don't even know why you think BP will increase enough to be anywhere close to the top 5.

When TFA opened, Mockingjay 2 dropped 48%

When BP opened Maze Runner  fell 58%

Wen JW opened, San Andreas fell 58%

When Avengers opened Think Like a Man fell 54%

I'm not sure why you think AQP, which will be in it third week, is suddenly going to fall 70%.  It's just not going to happen.

Whatever. It's far from important enough in my life for me to sit here and argue in circles about it. I just think the mods in general should set a fairer standard for what clubs are allowed. Because there is nothing about my club as unlikely a few coming to mind in recent months. Hell, I don't even think it's as unlikely as my Mouse or Drought club was when I made it. 

• Like 2

You know what?  I've been told by some of the members here that I come on too strong at times and that I should tone it down.  I think I have come on too strong with movieman, and for that I apologize.  Here is the sanitized nicer version of baumer that I will try to be more like going forward.

MoVIEMAN,  I think you have made a club that is very unlikely to succeed.  I personally don't see how there is a modicum of a chance of it happening.  There hasn't been any kind of historical precedent for you to base this on.  For your club to succeed, you would need both AQP and Rampage to drop about 75% and you would need BP to increase by about 10%.  I don't see how this is possible and for that reason, the moderators collectively decided to close your club.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, baumer said:

You know what?  I've been told by some of the members here that I come on too strong at times and that I should tone it down.  I think I have come on too strong with movieman, and for that I apologize.  Here is the sanitized nicer version of baumer that I will try to be more like going forward.

MoVIEMAN,  I think you have made a club that is very unlikely to succeed.  I personally don't see how there is a modicum of a chance of it happening.  There hasn't been any kind of historical precedent for you to base this on.  For your club to succeed, you would need both AQP and Rampage to drop about 75% and you would need BP to increase by about 10%.  I don't see how this is possible and for that reason, the moderators collectively decided to close your club.

I've been around here plenty long enough to know you can come off a bit abrasive at times, and I didn't take it as a personal attack or anything like that. I'm sure you're familiar enough with me to know I can be the same way myself at times. My comment about bias was more in reference to how you view a lot of MCU predictions, not about how you view me personally. I would have argued in defense of my club whether or not you had posted what you did initially, or the above post. 

Edited by MovieMan89

1 hour ago, baumer said:

Lol. 

Does the same thing to another poster that I did but somehow gets a pass.  Sees a club that he thinks doesn't have a chance to succeed and shits all over it until it is pointed out he is acting like a jackass and then is forced to tone it down.  

Careful @MovieMan89, if you mess with baumer he will cry to his fellow mods and they will take away your color or super special privileges you didn't even know you had.  

3 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

Lol. 

Does the same thing to another poster that I did but somehow gets a pass.  Sees a club that he thinks doesn't have a chance to succeed and shits all over it until it is pointed out he is acting like a jackass and then is forced to tone it down.  

Careful @MovieMan89, if you mess with baumer he will cry to his fellow mods and they will take away your color or super special privileges you didn't even know you had.  

LOL....you will never stop crying and being an attention hound Empire.  As I said, I didn't shut it down, WB did.  He just asked me to do it.  And there is a 0% chance that it happens, or does your data say otherwise?  

Just now, baumer said:

LOL....you will never stop crying and being an attention hound Empire.  As I said, I didn't shut it down, WB did.  He just asked me to do it.  And there is a 0% chance that it happens, or does your data say otherwise?  

I did the same thing but on much less of a level the other day to that Breaking In club and days later you guys shit on someone's thread and shut it down.  

What a bunch of hypocritical bullshit.  Typical and not surprising at all.  

This place has gone to shit since Tele stepped away.   

3 hours ago, EmpireCity said:

I did the same thing but on much less of a level the other day to that Breaking In club and days later you guys shit on someone's thread and shut it down.  

What a bunch of hypocritical bullshit.  Typical and not surprising at all.  

This place has gone to shit since Tele stepped away.   

I thought you were leaving?  Why are you still here if you hate it so much?

You never answered my question.  Do you think it's possible for BP to finish in second spot this weekend?  

1 minute ago, baumer said:

I thought you were leaving?  Why are you still here if you hate it so much?

You never answered my question.  Do you think it's possible for BP to finish in second spot this weekend?  

Of course not, but Breaking In isn't going over $100m either, yet somehow you got to swing your mod stick on that one.  

Take your own medicine, you want to call you others, then own it when you are a hypocrite.  

I'm going to bow out of this conversation.  I can't talk to Empire anymore.  It's like talking to a child who just wants to scream and pound his feet on the ground like a baby.  

Just now, baumer said:

I'm going to bow out of this conversation.  I can't talk to Empire anymore.  It's like talking to a child who just wants to scream and pound his feet on the ground like a baby.  

Now you know how I felt after your meltdown in the Rogue One thread.  It is like talking to an infant that doesn't know shit but thinks he knows everything.  

Damn, EC must really hate Baumer to come to my defense. :hahaha:

Alright everyone, let's settle this big dysfunctional family down, we're not even at the IW opening weekend thread yet!

Btw, @baumer @Water Bottle I have a proposal: if BP shows up on MT before the weekend, how about re-opening my club? And if it doesn't, I won't say a word about it being locked if I end up being right. 

• Like 1