sfran43

Wednesday's Numbers AQP: 1.45M - IFP: 1.27M - Rampage: 1.15M

13 minutes ago, sfran43 said:

WHAT IN THE ABSOLUTE FUCK?!!!!!:ohmygod:

Dang, dropped from Wednesday ;)    

With Tuesday +8% from last week and Wednesday +21% from last week, I expect Thursday to be at least +30% from last week — hardcore fans with a Thursday preview IW showing are the most likely to do a DIY double showing with a 2.5 Hour earlier Black Panther.

9 minutes ago, Sliver Legion said:

Dang, dropped from Wednesday ;)    

With Tuesday +8% from last week and Wednesday +21% from last week, I expect Thursday to be at least +30% from last week — hardcore fans with a Thursday preview IW showing are the most likely to do a DIY double showing with a 2.5 Hour earlier Black Panther.

Should be easy enough a lot of theaters are probably moving BP into a bigger theater, that'll likely be switched over to IW for the 7PM sets

1 hour ago, sfran43 said:

Black Panther began the week in 8th place and has jumped to 5th by Wednesday. If MovieMan's locked club actually comes true.... :lol:

I don't think it will, but man, Black Panther is a beast. I guess we've never really had a situation like this before, with a huge film still around in the top 10 when the next film in the franchise is opening - and not just any film, but a culminating film like the 3rd Avengers.

Peace,

Mike

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MikeQ said:

Black Panther began the week in 8th place and has jumped to 5th by Wednesday. If MovieMan's locked club actually comes true.... :lol:

I don't think it will, but man, Black Panther is a beast. I guess we've never really had a situation like this before, with a huge film still around in the top 10 when the next film in the franchise is opening - and not just any film, but a culminating film like the 3rd Avengers.

Peace,

Mike

BP will double it's last week gross and everything else will drop >50%. BP makes #2 by >100k

BP lost 280 theaters this weekend, at 1650 now

Edited by Ledmonkey96

1 minute ago, Ledmonkey96 said:

BP will double it's last week gross and everything else will drop >50%. BP makes #2 by >100k

If that happens... just wow.

I thought it was going to lose a lot of theatres this weekend, but somehow it held onto 1,650 theatres, and had the 2nd smallest percentage drop in theatres behind only A Quiet Place. 

Theatre counts on their equivalent weekends (11th weekend): 

The Force Awakens: 1,433

The Avengers: 747

Jurassic World: 574

The Last Jedi: 292

Peace,

Mike

• Like 2
  • Astonished 2