baumer

Thursday numbers Solo 4.5 (Asgard2)

10 minutes ago, Valonqar said:

Solo is set to pull a Titanic and make more in the second weekend than on its OW! :mouthdropped:

I had hopes that it would do in Germany, but actuals for Thursday were so much lower than estimates. Though it looks to drop around 28%.

9 minutes ago, stripe said:

IMHO, it's goilg to perform more like a family movie, with bigger Friday and Saturday. Sticking with my 33-35M prediction

I hope it does.

Thursday: $4.5M

Friday: $9.9M (+120%)

Saturday: $15M (+51.5%)

Sunday: $11.25M (-25%)

That would be 36.15M (-57.2%) with holds like family movies.

3 hours ago, sfran43 said:

6% drop.  

I'm hoping for a big weekend.  I'm the only one in the summer game to pick Book Club to finish ahead of IW this weekend.  

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Nova said:

Another fantastic drop for Book Club! I'm thinking about seeing it. @baumer do you think I'd like it? 

I don't see how you wouldn't.  It's a good story and it's funny and it has some terrific performances.  Please, go see it.

Just now, baumer said:

6% drop.  

I'm hoping for a big weekend.  I'm the only one in the summer game to pick Book Club to finish ahead of IW this weekend.  

Don't see that happening.  IW is probably going to have at about twice the Friday jump and  a larger internal multiplier.

It should have a small drop though - I had it down for mid 7s but could do 8. 

2 minutes ago, baumer said:

6% drop.  

I'm not in the summer game, but I'm hoping Book Club trumps IW this weekend as well!🤞🏽

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, baumer said:

I don't see how you wouldn't.  It's a good story and it's funny and it has some terrific performances.  Please, go see it.

I am watching it. But it won't be until July.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TalismanRing said:

Don't see that happening.  IW is probably going to have at about twice the Friday jump and  a larger internal multiplier.

It should have a small drop though - I had it down for mid 7s but could do 8. 

Well, we'll see.  I have IW dropping about 50-55% and I have Book Club dropping less than 25%.

Long shot for sure, and that's why I was the only one to take it.

3 minutes ago, harrycaul said:

I can't imagine why THR predicts $60 million for Solo this weekend. Insanity.

They edited it from yesterday and now it says

Box-office observers expect Solo to gross north of $60 million for the weekend, although it could come in closer to $50 million if it drops dramatically

:hahaha:

• Haha 4
  • Astonished 2
  • ...wtf 2
  • Disbelief 1

6 minutes ago, baumer said:

Alright. I just booked my ticket for Saturday :) 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

It was probably sloppy proofreading and meant to be a 60% drop

No. Because they edited it and said it could make $50M if it drops too dramatically

Imagine what they're going to call the drop when it comes in closer to $30M :thinking:

Edited by Nova
  • Like 3