baumer

The Incredibles 2 (2018)

Grade it  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Bao is marvelous, an emotional punch to the gut that accomplishes more than most features do. A magical tale that should touch everyone’s hearts. B+

I was going to write an essay disproving the idea that Elastigirl has no arc in the film, or about comparing the response to this film to Finding Dory and the idea of “modern classics,” but those will have to wait for whenever I see this again, be it in theaters or at home, and I have the capability to write it immediately after seeing the film. That said, it’s crazy that already on a fourth watch this film feels super familiar and more importantly, an integral part of the first film. Even though it came out just two weeks ago, it’s hard to imagine an Incredibles 1 without an Incredibles 2 now, and that is the best standard a sequel can hit. There’s a lot to unpack here, and I hope to do it in the future, but for now, this is just a really great movie. A

• Like 1

This was a solid A movie. Jack Jack is the standout in this, Scenes he is in are hilarious especially his duel with the raccoon and his scenes with Edna. 

Actions scenes are really well done. Especially with the train and the screenslaver hideout duel. The animation is gorgeous as well. Another Pixar knockout. I can't believe I missed this in the theatre. 

• Like 1

Into the Spider Verse (and perhaps Lord/Miller) have set the new bar that Pixar has fallen really short of in recent years...

And recent is underselling it when it's been nearly a decade after Toy Story 3 with only Inside Out and Coco to show for it.