A Marvel Fanboy

Tron: Ares | October 10, 2025 | Jared Leto to star, Joachim Ronning to direct

Assuming Oblivion turns out to be a big hit (which I am confident it will be), Disney will soon greent light Tron 3 after they see what Oblivionn does.Summer 2013 start can make Dec 2014 release for TRON 3 ? Possible if they do things efficiently.

Tron 3 has already got the 'greenlight' its moving forward.

Tron 3 has already got the 'greenlight' its moving forward.

It's just in active development, not officially greenlit. Which is a great sign, as this thing wasn't having any movement obviously...but active development doesn't always equal a greenlight.

It's just in active development, not officially greenlit. Which is a great sign, as this thing wasn't having any movement obviously...but active development doesn't always equal a greenlight.

That why I used the quotes.

I'll believe it when it happens, I think it could happen after next Star Wars. They will try to tie it in somehow. Hard to believe they move forward on a franchise they merely broke even on. Not sure why Disney overspends so much....hopefully they stop spending 200m+ on unproven franchises

Made 2X+ its budget, FC had a worst budget:WW and they are moving ahead with that sequel.

ust when I was beginning to accept the idea that the sequel is dead it comes back. Awesome. still we have no release date or start date so it will still be a while also, I hope they hire some good writers, these early writers don't seem to have much credentialsI wonder though why Disney is still interested in this, considering they have the Marvel and Star Wars films now. I don't the purchase of Lucasfilm would be the final nail in the coffin for a sequel to this. They must see potential in this series

ust when I was beginning to accept the idea that the sequel is dead it comes back. Awesome.

still we have no release date or start date so it will still be a while ? Start date can be announced tomorrow, that is not important, what is important is they have a new writer.

also, I hope they hire some good writers, these early writers don't seem to have much credentials Current writer has Peter and the Starcatchers, The Crow and Steve McQueen Biopic and Osterman Weekend all unproduced.

I wonder though why Disney is still interested in this, considering they have the Marvel and Star Wars films now. I don't the purchase of Lucasfilm would be the final nail in the coffin for a sequel to this. DIS can't only make SW/Marvel movies, the first SW movie won't be out til 2015 anyways. They must see potential in this series