cookie

CAYOM Y4 - Discussion Thread

@Slambros if you want to participate in the voting process for this year's Oscars but don't have time to read every film for Y4, that's okay. You can still participate in voting for Best Picture (only if you read all of the nominees in that category).

Edited by Rorschach
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Spagspiria said:

If I had to guess, I would guess a Part 1 release for Y5 towards the end of the year.

Depends on when the Oscars finish. If the Oscars conclude around Thanksgiving it might be safe to just push Y5 to start following New Year's. Since I can imagine a lot of people being traveling and otherwise on vacation the final 7-10 days of December.

• Like 3

17 hours ago, Rorschach said:

I completed my Oscar nominee ballot ahead of time to use as a baseline for when the voting process starts.

Yeah I probably will start doing shortlists to make the picks easier when it is time for the thread

1 minute ago, 4815162342 said:

Still waiting on finalized reviews from Cookie, Alpha, Reddroast, and Blanks.

It'll be interesting to see how the BP race gets affected by their lists.

I plan to have my top 25 up by Sunday since next week is my birthday.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Slambros said:

I'm reading through all of the films and corresponding predecessor films so I think I might be able to at least make a Top 25 for Y4! Would that be alright?

Sure. Excited to see your takes on the films this year.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

So I've been reading through the Y4 films and I've noticed that there a few films submitted with plots that weren't on the actual release schedule. I'm not sure what that means as a latecomer. Is there a reason that happened? Were those films that aren't in the green-colored submission released during the box office round? If not, are they still considered for the part 4 Oscars?

Edited by Slambros

7 minutes ago, Slambros said:

So I've been reading through the Y4 films and I've noticed that there a few films submitted with plots that weren't on the actual release schedule. I'm not sure what that means as a latecomer. Is there a reason that happened? Were those films that aren't in the green-colored submission released during the box office round? If not, are they still considered for the part 4 Oscars?

Those films were not complete so therefore they were discarded. Anything on the schedule board is the finalized release schedule.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Slambros said:

Those films were incomplete if they weren’t on the schedule so they wouldn’t be eligible.

Anything on the schedule is complete.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Sorry I’m so behind on reviews; I’ve caugt a small cold so I haven’t been able to focus as much as I’d like to on reading :(

It’s all good. Hope you get better soon.