WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 92): Ant-Man and the Wasp 75.8M (#CRUMBLING EVEN MORE) | Jurassic World 28.6M | Incredibles 2 28.4M | The First Purge 17.4M

Just now, Alli said:

Avatar' success was because it presented a new achievement in technology. Cameron must come up with something new to attract the viewers

He's got tons of fancy new underwater filming tech for Avatar 2

Unless Aquaman beats him to the punch

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

If money = most loved movie of all time, than that means Minions is better than any animated movie ever except Frozen. And I think we know that’s not true,

That being said, although despite rapid exaggeration via Jimbo I think a lot of people liked the first Avatar even though it’s one of Cameron’s weakest movies and would be down for a sequel especially if the visuals are on point. I can see decrease domestically but it is bigger than Avatar 1 and maybe hitting $3B if China delivers.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, McNerdy said:

Jupsz. Why are people acting like romance is bad in a movie? Love is one of the most beautiful feelings in the world and not downgrading female characters at all. Done right, it brings magic to a movie. James Cameron gets this.

Literally every single Marvel movie has a love interest and it doesn't "degrade" the male lead, funny how this is now an argument with the first female lead :jeb!:

• Like 5

Just now, Chewy said:

Literally every single Marvel movie has a love interest and it doesn't "degrade" the male lead, funny how this is now an argument with the first female lead :jeb!:

Marvel really missed the boat in making their female characters/love interests so useless.

• Like 1

Somehow someway these threads turn into a Gal Gadot cannot act conversation.

Im sure Gal is shaking knowing that some nerd on a box office forum is criticizing her acting in a film that grossed $400M+ domestic. Wonder Woman 84 is getting canceled now. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, IronJimbo said:

uhm AJG sweetie, Avatar is the most loved film of this century and second most loved of all time.

Worldwide I guess ? Source ?

In the US The results of the 2014 Harris Poll

The pollsters asked 2,276 U.S. adults to name their favorite movie of all time. The participants were questioned online between Nov. 12-17.

1: Gone With the Wind

2: Star wars series

3: Titanic

4: Godfather

5: Lords of the rings series (of this century)

6: Sound of music

7; Dirty dancing

8: Wizard of Oz

9: It's a wonderful life

10: E.T.

Edited by Barnack
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Nova said:

Somehow someway these threads turn into a Gal Gadot cannot act conversation.

Im sure Gal is shaking knowing that some nerd on a box office forum is criticizing her acting in a film that grossed $400M+ domestic. Wonder Woman 84 is getting canceled now. 

I don't care about her lol

It wasn't me who started comparing her with Captain Marvel 

Just now, ThePhasmid said:

The Rock and Tom Cruise are going to utterly destroy this middling MCU entry.

Is the Rock in the new MI or something?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Love interest is not something terrible,but every other superhero movie has it.

Captain Marvel can innovate with that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ThePhasmid said:

The Rock and Tom Cruise are going to utterly destroy this middling MCU entry. Domestically, at least.

Skyscraper might not even make as much DOM as AMATW did OW.

• Like 1
  • ...wtf 1

2 minutes ago, Barnack said:

Worldwide I guess ? Source ?

In the US The results of the 2014 Harris Poll

The pollsters asked 2,276 U.S. adults to name their favorite movie of all time. The participants were questioned online between Nov. 12-17.

1: Gone With the Wind

2: Star wars series

3: Titanic

4: Godfather

5: Lords of the rings series (of this century)

6: Sound of music

7; Dirty dancing

8: Wizard of Oz

9: It's a wonderful life

10: E.T.

That's a film series Barnack. Just wait until the Avatar saga is unleashed.

8 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

If money = most loved movie of all time, than that means Minions is better than any animated movie ever except Frozen. And I think we know that’s not true,

That being said, although despite rapid exaggeration via Jimbo I think a lot of people liked the first Avatar even though it’s one of Cameron’s weakest movies and would be down for a sequel especially if the visuals are on point. I can see decrease domestically but it is bigger than Avatar 1 and maybe hitting $3B if China delivers.

your prediction is slowly rising and rising.. soon my $3b prediction from years ago will be the norm

• Like 1