dudalb

Patrick Stewart as Picard to return in new Trek TV series....

Time to sign up to Prime Video again.  In anticipation of this I purchased a AUD30 iTunes card at 20% off the other day so instead of AUD3.99 per month I'll only be paying AUD3.192 per month for Prime Video.

6 hours ago, DeeCee said:

Time to sign up to Prime Video again.  In anticipation of this I purchased a AUD30 iTunes card at 20% off the other day so instead of AUD3.99 per month I'll only be paying AUD3.192 per month for Prime Video.

I have Prime and I don't see the Star Trek Picard series.

On 1/14/2020 at 1:47 PM, DeeCee said:

I’d just like to congratulate CBS All Access on their launch in Australia. It’s great to see they managed to only split the new Star Trek shows across only 2 different streaming services. Discovery is on Netflix and now Picard is on Amazon. 

48 minutes ago, Klingo said:

I have Prime and I don't see the Star Trek Picard series.

@Klingo Outside the US it is on Prime whereas Discovery is on Netflix. 

🤷‍♀️

(Edit:Episode 1 is up on Prime)

"Star Trek" was trending but this was about this silly Space Force thing... :kitschjob:

I liked the first episode, this is much more promising than Discovery or Mandalorian. Although my lack of Star Trek knowledge beyond the movies might cause some problems in the long run, the pilot did a great job (re-)introducing the characters and their world.

Another excellent episode. I loved the last 5 minutes

Spoiler

following the hierarchical chain of soldiers, spooks and secret cultists berating their subordinates.

Hopefully all the mysteries and conspiracies won't remain hidden for too long, but this was great world-building.

For everybody disilusioned after Picard Season 1 & 2 (and much of NuTrek, really) like myself, Season 3 might restore some of the faith. So far, two episodes in, i'm really enjoying it. The new showrunner seems to have thrown out almost everything the previous franchise stewards have concocted and brought the old gang back, the music is very refential to the old themes and i love it. Seems like a fun adventure is in store, with a genuinely touching moment already.