dudalb

Patrick Stewart as Picard to return in new Trek TV series....

I’ve just started rewatching TNG. I haven’t watched it all in order since it was first broadcast and I’m not really sure if I watched every episode even back then. 

My goal is to watch every episode of TNG before this airs. My stretch goal is to also rewatch every episode of DS9 and Voyager.  

I’m 100% sure I watched every episode of DS9 and Voyager. Back in those days there was this place called a video store and you could hire VHS tapes. I had to watch it on video because I don’t think they were always on TV. 

That video store only closed this year. It’s a vet now. 

• Astonished 1

For those who are perhaps region locked, the trailer via YT

---

In an attempt to declutter the SDCC thread, gonna leave some thoughts here.

There was just SO MUCH RIGHT here in this trailer.  I had one irrational quibble but I'll leave it to the side.  

I haven't much cared for the Abrams Trek series (to put it mildly) and Discovery is...  Okay I am an irrational and stupid fan boy when it comes to things like this so let's just not discuss that for now.  

But this?  This looked so so soooooooo good.  It looks to have the spirit and heart of TNG/DS9 while being a deep character study at the same time.

This is something I've been waiting for ever since DS9 went off the air and I have to say it looks really really good. 

This has a very good chance of forcing me to be a Day One purchase for CBS All Access when it goes up (though I'll probably drop out during the off months).

So so pleased right now.  Please don't fuck this up, CBS.

• Like 1

Switching over to here where it belongs (and for future reference/discussion):

28 minutes ago, Porthos said:

TByUsvl.png

Well THAT'S not ominous at all.  No siree bob.

(16 years to the day, BTW)

20 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Nah, I think it's on that half destroyed Borg ship that there is a split second shot of.

I reckon it's a prison/research facility.  There's a later screen shot of a Borg being stripped of some goo (1:45 mark) so what I reckon is that someone/some group are gonna try to reactivate the Borg for their own purposes.

Evil Starfleet Admiral™ or some other group that Picard eventually finds out about.  Mystery Character could be tied into it all, presumably.

3 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Just before the Marvel Madness begins, wanted to add a couple of more thoughts.  Can't really see it in that small shot, but looks to be at least one Romulan guard on the walk way, and possibly two (can't get a great look at the other actor on the right side).

That does look like Romulan lettering on the other side of the sign.  So maybe a joint Terran/Romulan research facility?  If so that's all sorts of ZTvo87j.png and YiBe40t.png

There's also this shot at possibly the same facility:

xgg4v0H.png

De-borgified folks?  Not let out because of REASONS?

Either way, Borg are gonna be a BIG subplot (or main plot) of this series.

When will folks learn to stop meddling with nanotechnology based assimilating lifeforms, anyway? :sadno:

Hmmm...

Hmmmm... Could be misdirection on some level.  But, hmmm....  Does make sense with the comment about "the game".  Could also be foreshadowing a return on some level.

====

BTW, @Plain Old Tele, get your butt in here and gimme your thoughts on all of this.

Just took a closer look at something:

39 minutes ago, Porthos said:

EDIT:::

That's definitely the Romulan Warbird insignia on the guard rails.  Though why there's also Terran lettering there I have no idea.

Evil Starfleet Admirals, will you ever ever EVER learn? :sadno:

TByUsvl.png&key=ff9eb6c72c5a34463c4b0474

Not the greatest of resolutions there, but that is 100% a Romulan insignia on those guard posts.  Like literally zero percent doubt.

When will folks learn not to meddle with things like this. :sadno:  

Never, is apparently the answer. :lol:

Edited by Porthos

6 hours ago, Porthos said:

I haven't much cared for the Abrams Trek series (to put it mildly) and Discovery is...  Okay I am an irrational and stupid fan boy when it comes to things like this so let's just not discuss that for now.  

But this?  This looked so so soooooooo good.  It looks to have the spirit and heart of TNG/DS9 while being a deep character study at the same time.

The trailer was very much in the vein of NuTrek and Discovery though (and both are good IMO)

• Like 1

I'm not a Trek purist so I don't care about emulating prior shows. Discovery was at its best when it wasn't trying to hook into the prequel aspect.

Though I loved Anson Mount as Pike and liked their take on Spock/Sarek/Amanda.

Trailer looks very good.

14 hours ago, Porthos said:

This is something I've been waiting for ever since DS9 went off the air and I have to say it looks really really good. 

Agreed. Haven't yet watched Season 2 of Discovery, heard some good things, 1st season was kind of meh unfortunately. If Picard is as good as that trailer, i'm gonna be a happy Trekkie.

DS9 was best Trek has ever been on TV, with TNG close behind.

• Like 1

Seven Of Nine back?

I'm sold.......

Of course the Borg are back.They are such freaking great villians.

I did not care for Discovery very much, b ut this look good, though I war wrong about the "This might be the Starfleet Academy series at last" guess.

My Own Trek series rankings:

TOS

TNG

DS9

Voyager (was basically saved by Seven Of Nine).

Enterprise

Dsicovery.

Edited by dudalb

I’d just like to congratulate CBS All Access on their launch in Australia. It’s great to see they managed to only split the new Star Trek shows across only 2 different streaming services. Discovery is on Netflix and now Picard is on Amazon. 

• ...wtf 1

1 hour ago, DeeCee said:

I’d just like to congratulate CBS All Access on their launch in Australia. It’s great to see they managed to only split the new Star Trek shows across only 2 different streaming services. Discovery is on Netflix and now Picard is on Amazon.

Did you even get the Short Treks?

A new one just came out late last week, called Children of Mars. It's the prequel to the Picard series. It was not at all what I was expecting, but I don't mean that in a bad way.

The first season Short Treks are on Netflix in the Discovery Trailers section but not the second season.  I can't recall for sure whether or not they appeared here at the same time they were released in the US.  All of the Discovery episodes were on Netflix here the same day as the US and are all still available.  Actually, all previous Star Trek shows from TOS through to Enterprise are on Netfilx here. 

I just checked Amazon Prime and the only thing attached right now in the Picard tab is 1 trailer.

Now, let's get even more complicated.  CBS actually now owns one of the 3 main commercial free to air networks in Australia, Network 10.  So there's now a 10 All Access but it doesn't have any Star Trek.  

I fully expect CBS to put the next new Star Trek show on 10 All Access.