Crunching the Numbers: May the Fourth Be With Your Films

18 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Hahaha

Real talk, not expecting much. I read the book as I was writing it and... the book is horrible.

Numbers must review ALL the legacy sequels, it's law

(so someone please recommend HSM4 to him)

BRAVE

It is the exact same as the animated original, just live-action. It's fine and the live-action makes for some nifty visuals, sets, etc., but it is ultimately completely unnecessary. The solid casting choices help elevate it above pure eh whatever

It's branded a more mature take, but it is literally the exact same plot as the animated film with the exact same character developments, so it's not that different a take at all.

6.5/10

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, cookie said:

I feel like remaking a movie that’s only six years old was a bad proposition to begin with, but that’s just me.

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah even in "CAYOM time" it's only eight years. Like obviously there are some super-rabid Disney Princess fans who'll go see anything but... probably not gonna approach the level of box office the other Disney remakes so far.

• Like 1

Just now, Xillix said:

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeah even in "CAYOM time" it's only eight years. Like obviously there are some super-rabid Disney Princess fans who'll go see anything but... probably not gonna approach the level of box office the other Disney remakes so far.

Seems similar to my own Treasure Planet. My guess is probably around the same DOM, but slightly smaller WW ($680M-$720M).

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Seems similar to my own Treasure Planet. My guess is probably around the same DOM, but slightly smaller WW ($680M-$720M).

Treasure Planet was already sixteen years old in Y2, and relatively obscure/unsuccessful to begin with.

This is a more or less shot-for-shot remake of a movie from eight years ago that everyone on Earth has already seen, and relatively recently. I don't think it gets anywhere CLOSE to your TP redo.

• Like 1

Just now, Xillix said:

Treasure Planet was already sixteen years old in Y2, and relatively obscure/unsuccessful to begin with.

This is a more or less shot-for-shot remake of a movie from eight years ago that everyone on Earth has already seen, and relatively recently. I don't think it gets anywhere CLOSE to your TP redo.

I guess I'm the one person who hasn't then 😂

2 minutes ago, Xillix said:

Still, the only family competition it has to worry about is American Dragon 2, which I’m thinking will be around the $140M-$160M range and High School Musical 4, a Blankments coproduction that can help double feature wise.  Summer days will also help.

• Like 1

TREASURE PLANET

Spoiler

Doppler reveals he’s pregnant

And we're off to the races.

Spoiler

the Gauntlet of Midas, a gauntlet that allows the user to turn whatever they touch into gold.

I think I saw an Aladdin movie about this.

Spoiler

Kate knows a guy who knows a thing or two about ships, which invokes a jealous reaction out of Jim.

Jim must be very insecure if the mere fact that a woman knows another man gets him jealous

Spoiler

Scroop also has worked on small battleships as well. Scroop says the rest of the battleships will be completed in a day.

I don't think Scroop quite understands what a battleship is

Spoiler

Gurag escaped riding  the new smaller  battleship 

No seriously, this is not what a battleship is

Spoiler

he plans on hooking up the Gauntlet with the cannon which will fire golden lasers encasing whatever passes it into gold

Ok we have a solid and classic evil mastermind plan that is dumb dumb dumb

Spoiler

Gurag asks him why is it necessary as they can just turn whatever they want into gold.

Don't ask logical questions Gurag go ride your pony-sized battleship

Spoiler

After a while everything seems good but a gigantic shark with squid tentacles appears out of nowhere.

One scene later...

After a while everything seems good but a gigantic shark with squid tentacles appears out of nowhere.

latest?cb=20160306191811

Spoiler

Arthur and Droid 7 have a pretty fun banter about their relationship while fighting pirates and destroy battleships

I have to repeat that these are really shitty battleships that are not really battleships

Spoiler

Meanwhile on Ironbeard’s ship he goes over the plan to turn the entire planet of Urse into gold.

Another classic villain plan that sounds cool, but really, what is he going to do with a giant planet of gold?

Spoiler

Also sending escape ships, he gives Gurag, his biggest battleship to take down escape ships. 

So instead of a pony Gurag now gets a zebra or something.

Spoiler

Gurag is against this because if they turn Urse into gold the monitory value goes down.

Don't ask logical questions Gurag go ride your zebra-sized battleship

Spoiler

Ironbeard grabs a piece of the gauntlet out of his doomsday machine, fashions a dagger, and fights Silver.

Wait so the Gauntlet can be broken up into mini-gauntlets that all have the power of the original Gauntlet? This seems like a big flaw in the Gauntlet design.

Spoiler

Kate tricks Ironbeard into stabbing himself with his own golden dagger, encasing him into gold

Aside from the fact that how do you trick someone to stab themselves, I think I saw an Aladdin movie about this.

Spoiler

Dr Doppler gives birth to a litter of kitten/puppy baby hybrids.

And the race comes to a close.

Spoiler

Scroop finds some blueprints for a city sized weapon, specifically showing some of the most bizarre and potentially Atlantean technology, gaining an idea.

Let me guess, an elephant sized battleship.

Spoiler

6/10

Edited by 4815162342
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4
  • Sad 1

Oh well, hopefully Blue and Gold and Can You Imagine? are better received. Terrified about the latter more than the former to be honest.

TBH glad I pushed back St. Claire over Midas. St. claire really needed the help. Should take a good look at Kingdom of The Sun though just in case.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

"Agamemnon, however, met a more gruesome fate at the hand of his wife and her lover, Aegisthus, but was eventually avenged by his son Orestes."

*A drawer full of scripts deep in Numerator Pictures starts to rustle intensely*

• Haha 1
  • Astonished 1

2 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

"

Agamemnon, however, met a more gruesome fate at the hand of his wife and her lover, Aegisthus, but was eventually avenged by his son Orestes."

*A drawer full of scripts deep in Numerator Pictures starts to rustle intensely*

Spoiler

We need a Greek Mythology takeover of CAYOM

Spoiler

I'm thinking of a Dante's Inferno adaptation myself 🤔