Bluebomb

Intouchables OS - 409.0m!

Alain Delon, Jean-Paul Belmondo, Louis de Funès, Pierre Richard, Gérard Depardieu, Jean Marais always were tremendously popular here. Many still love their movies, particurarly old people.

Edited by juni78ukr

Alain Delon, Jean-Paul Belmondo, Louis de Funès, Pierre Richard, Gérard Depardieu, Jean Marais always were tremendously popular here. Many still love their movies, particurarly old people.

He, you really post interesting stuff. Could you please get a nice avatar? You honestly deserve a cool avatar... ;)

What chances do you give The Intouchables in present day Russia?

He, you really post interesting stuff. Could you please get a nice avatar? You honestly deserve a cool avatar... ;)

I saw some of those films with my mother in late 80-s. I was just a kid but rather accelerated for my age group and we went to movies nearly every week. I remember how everyone from my school wanted to see Flight of the Navigator somewhere in 1987 or 1988. It was probably the most popular western movie among Russian kids for some time. Don't have precise numbers though.Still I would better move to Russian box office thread. A little bit later I will try to give more numbers for past foreign hits.

Right now it is number 6 in top 250 by grades on our most popular movie site Kinopoisk. Average grade is 8.84 out of 10.

People definitely love it but piracy is killing everything. It is not a big threat for a big blockbuster with world premiere but for those smaller films it could kill almost all chances for success.

And our distributor apparently has no idea what to do with this film. Russian people like action fantasy, animation, comedies...

Still there is a hope. I wrote two big articles and mention it every week in my world box office report. Some people will definitely go but I hardly can see any advertising. And it will be released only on 200-250 screens compared for 700-800 for Street Dance 2 and Pirates: Band of Misfits.

Hi guys.I'm french (but I'm living in Canada), and I created un january a big topic about Intouchables in the World in Allocine.com.I love your topic too, you published great messages.But I've two words to say :1. In Europe (and Russia, and I think in America), everybody saw movies every day or week. For instance, in France :- 1938 : 452 million admissions.- 1950 : 370 million admissions.- 1962 : 292 million admissions.- 1980 : 175 million admissions.- 1992 : 116 million admissions. (awful !!!!!!)- 2011 : 215 million admissions. (really great, best admissions since 1966 !)2. Intouchables will be the best comedy in Box Office in foreign (without USA/Canada). Hangover 2 will be overcomed this week, and Forrest Gump (is it a comedy ?) in May...

Edited by Twinsen9

Hi guys.I'm french (but I'm living in Canada), and I created un january a big topic about Intouchables in the World.I love your topic too, you published great messages.But I've two words to say :1. In Europe (and Russia, and I think in America), everybody saw movies every day or week. For instance, in France :- 1938 : 452 million admissions.- 1950 : 370 million admissions.- 1962 : 292 million admissions.- 1980 : 175 million admissions.- 1992 : 116 million admissions. (awful !!!!!!)- 2011 : 215 million admissions. (really great, best admissions since 1966 !)2. Intouchables will be the best comedy in Box Office in foreign (without USA/Canada). Hangover 2 will be overcomed this week, and Forrest Gump (is it a comedy ?) in May...

Welcome to the forumAs comedies normally don't perform well OS (=overseas) that is not so special, but you could be right.

In spain Intocable in its 7th week defeated the BattleshipRentrak Spain ‏ @RentrakSpain TOP 10: 1-JUEGOS HAMBRE 2-INTOCABLE 3-BATTLESHIP 4-PESCA SALMON 5-LORAX 6-TITANIC 7-SOUL SURFER 8-GRUPO7 9-EXOTICO HOTEL 10-IRA TITANES

Very cool. So it's at about 784,000 admissions... what is the highest you can see it going?The movie seems to be at Avatar++ levels in Europe so I'm not sure if it's even possible to prognosticate anymore?

In Switzerland, including all parts (german, french and italian), it has already topped Avatar and is number two after Titanic in admissions.In Germany with maybe 7.8 mio admissions in the end it will never top Avatars 11.2 million.