Cap

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever | Nov 11 2022 | Starring 2023 Best Supporting Actress Oscar Nominee Angela Bassett. She did not do the thing!

8 hours ago, grey ghost said:

Marvel Studios had a way better year in 2022 than last year.

2023 should be solid too. 

It will be interesting if Avengers 5 and 6 can still make over 1.5 billion without China or Steve/Tony.

It is not possible to do correct prediction of box office of Avengers 5 & 6 without knowing main leads(Big 2).

9 hours ago, The GOAT said:

Does nobody remember they switched the algos? 

It used to be anybody and their mothers, much like IMDB, could give a review/score on Rotten Tomatoes. 

Now, it's like you have to verify your ticket. And that's usually only done by chaps that have pre-ordered their tickets on Fandango. 

No walk ups reviewing the movie. Only super fans. 

That's why when people say their RT audience score is like 90%, I cringe. 

90% is good nothing great. If 10% of audience is not liking a film, it's not really great. 

Greatness start at 95% and higher. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1
  • Disbelief 1

6 hours ago, Macleod said:

Well...we don't know that they won't be in it in some capacity...yet.  (Sorry for the double-negative...) 😉

If we're dealing with Secret Wars and the Multiverse, I wouldn't rule anything out...

Secret Wars will be what MOM was expected to be with variants galore so will most likely be the biggest film since Endgame.

As for Kang Dynasty, Ultron numbers should be considered a major success without China.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, CaptNathanBrittles said:

79% is a far more accurate rating for BP (or any MCU movie) than 96%.

Some day, people like you will learn how to actually read the tomatometer.

edited to add, I have no doubt secret wars grosses 2 billion cause I have no doubt RDJ and C. Evans will return in it.

Edited by eddyxx
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, charlie Jatinder said:

90% is good nothing great. If 10% of audience is not liking a film, it's not really great. 

Greatness start at 95% and higher. 

And this isn't just RT verified but almost every other audience matric across world. 80% audiences liking a film is below average.

• Like 1

I mean, your classic MCU film isn't going to do anything particularly divisive and will be seen in theaters mostly by people that tend to enjoy superhero films to begin with. Knowing that it's not that hard to get 90% of people to atleast give the film a 6. 90% rt is not the same as a 9/10 score.

Edited by JustLurking

If CS equivalent is what you want and I actual prefer RT over CS, though best is Posttrak but that's behind paywall.

IMO, @Legion By Night may suggest any changes if any

97-100% ~ A+

94-97% ~ A

90-94% ~ A  / A-

85-90% ~ B+ / A-

80-85% ~ B / B+

<80% is trash

Edited by charlie Jatinder
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, charlie Jatinder said:

If CS equivalent is what you want and I actual prefer RT over CS, though best is Posttrak but that's behind paywall.

97-100% ~ A+

90-97% ~ A

85-90% ~ B+ / A-

80-85% ~ B / B+

<80% is trash

Low 90s is still in the A- range.

• Like 2

Different genre/mpaa have a bit diff RTAud:CS correspondence but basically this looks reasonable.     

But converting 87%, which might look good at first glance but is actually kind of bad, to a B+ CS, which might look good at first glance but is actually kind of bad, doesn’t always bring that much clarity 😂   

Personally my preference would be to report everything in Z scores but that also has some issues with intuitive interpretability  for most people 😛 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

97-100% ~ A+

94-97% ~ A

90-94% ~ A  / A-

85-90% ~ B+ / A-

80-85% ~ B / B+

<80% is trash

Both RT verified rating & verified average rating are important.

Thor L&T 77% RT 4.0 average rating

MoM 85% RT 4.3 AR

Eternals 77% RT 4.0 AR

BW 91% RT 4.5 AR

Shang-Chi 98% RT 4.8 AR

NWH 98% RT 4.8 AR

So the worst movies of phase 4 as per audience are Eternals & L&T.

Edited by Factcheck
  • Like 1

Why do some of you take the RT verified score which has 20000 votes per average seriously over letterboxd which has over 500000 votes per cbm is beyond me.

Letterboxd has never been accused of boting and has 50x the sample size RT has. Stop with this verified audience bs. 

• Haha 2
  • ...wtf 1

7 minutes ago, Jeight said:

Why do some of you take the RT verified score which has 20000 votes per average seriously over letterboxd which has over 500000 votes per cbm is beyond me.

Letterboxd has never been accused of boting and has 50x the sample size RT has. Stop with this verified audience bs. 

Because RT audience score correlates with other audience sampling and Letterboxd does not. Both may be self-selected, but RT's verification seems to mitigate a lot of the distorting effects of self-selected online samples for some reason. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Jeight said:

Eternals & L&T with B & B+ Cinemascore have same letterboxd rating of 3.0 as Captain Marvel(A Cinemascore)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Menor Reborn said:

Because RT audience score correlates with other audience sampling and Letterboxd does not. Both may be self-selected, but RT's verification seems to mitigate a lot of the distorting effects of self-selected online samples for some reason. 

Is this true? I've never really looked into letterboxed but it seems to have the phase 4s pegged to a T at least.

I agree CS and PT are what have real methodological oomph though, and rt gets legitimacy pretty exclusive from correlating them.

11 minutes ago, Legion By Night said:

Is this true? I've never really looked into letterboxed but it seems to have the phase 4s pegged to a T at least.

I agree CS and PT are what have real methodological oomph though, and rt gets legitimacy pretty exclusive from correlating them.

It seems to correlate ok for recent MCU, but look at the ratings for stuff like Dune or The Batman and there's a clear distinction from Cinemascore/PostTrak. 

• Like 1

Just now, Menor Reborn said:

It seems to correlate ok for recent MCU, but look at the ratings for stuff like Dune or The Batman and there's a clear distinction from Cinemascore/PostTrak. 

My impression of the demo bias on LB suggests both will be super overrated -- is that correct?