WrathOfHan

Gladiator 2 | November 22, 2024 | DENZEL IS REUNITING WITH RIDLEY?!

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, wildphantom said:

Tomorrow will be pretty much the day where Joe Public realises this is coming out.  I don’t doubt the interest will be through the roof if the trailer delivers. Feels like one of the biggest trailers in a while in terms of everything or nothing. 

The ceiling on this thing is huge as the original is comfortably one of the most beloved films of the last twenty five years. Let’s hope the trailer gods have smashed this one out of the park. 

This is definitely the most arguing I've seen recently for a movie that didn't have a trailer yet

Edited by AniNate
  • Haha 2

25 minutes ago, AniNate said:

This is definitely the most arguing I've seen recently for a movie that didn't have a trailer yet

I dont know why. Seems it's people who know and people who don't...yet

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Firepower said:

Wasn't this one the main poster of the original?

MV5BMDliMmNhNDEtODUyOS00MjNlLTgxODEtN2U3

Is the poster that we saw today is the main poster? 

And when did it become lazy to use shots ftom the movie (changing background, not just copypaste)?

But also do you think this one from 2000 is great poster and A HUGE effort went into making it? 

Edited by cinema pal
  • Like 1

3 pages of discussion just since the poster drop earlier today.

Yeah there's definitely hype and interest. If the trailer delivers, watch out. Thanksgiving could be fun as hell!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Pinacolada said:

I think this should move up to November 15 in the US too. That way it'll get PLFs to itself for a full week. I'm assuming it's gonna have to split PLFs with Wicked on Nov 22 and then lose even more to Moana 5 days later

My assumption is that it will be like Barbenheimer where the more family-skewing Wicked will get Dolby and other PLFs, while the dude-fronted, big auteur name Gladiator gets IMAX exclusively.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cinema pal said:

Is the poster that we saw today is the main poster? 

And when did it become lazy to use shots ftom the movie (changing background, not just copypaste)?

But also do you think this one from 2000 is great poster and A HUGE effort went into making it? 

Not a huge effort, but at least it doesn't look like a still from the movie with a logo slapped on it.

1 hour ago, Eric the Minion said:

My assumption is that it will be like Barbenheimer where the more family-skewing Wicked will get Dolby and other PLFs, while the dude-fronted, big auteur name Gladiator gets IMAX exclusively.

Wicked is also a confirmed Dolby + IMAX release. In all likelihood they'll have to share screens with Wicked during the day and Gladiator at night.

2 hours ago, Insomnia said:

3 pages of discussion just since the poster drop earlier today.

Yeah there's definitely hype and interest. If the trailer delivers, watch out. Thanksgiving could be fun as hell!

Im sure the Flash had plenty of pre-trailer talk too. As always, online chatter != real-life interest

4 minutes ago, abracadabra1998 said:

Im sure the Flash had plenty of pre-trailer talk too. As always, online chatter != real-life interest

I dont remember much interest in Flash at all. DCU was already dead at that point

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Firepower said:

Not a huge effort, but at least it doesn't look like a still from the movie with a logo slapped on it.

It's funny, cause not only the background was changed, but the posture of Mescal is a bit different if you compare them closely.

Screenshot-20240709-070413.jpg

Screenshot-20240709-070355.jpg