WrathOfHan

Gladiator 2 | November 22, 2024 | DENZEL IS REUNITING WITH RIDLEY?!

3 hours ago, BigBoxOfficeBucks said:

Dude, this shit better be worth the hype. Otherwise, the suits at Paramount are gonna have to explain to the stockholders WHY ON EARTH they invested 300 million in this movie. 

And they better have the trailer drop next week. No excuse not too. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, emoviefan said:

And they better have the trailer drop next week. No excuse not too. 

It would make more sense to attach it with DP3, as that is also R-rated. Second trailer could be with Joker

2 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

It would make more sense to attach it with DP3, as that is also R-rated.

No, it doesn't, DP3 audience is not Gladiator audience despite the same rating. It's a 310+ mln movie that comes out in less than 5 months, they should've started marketing it a while ago, attaching first promo to DP3 would only indicate The Flash-like nonsense, but this time from Paramount.

• Like 1

A trailer coming out next week doesn't mean they can't still attach it to Deadpool, It is getting to the time where they do need to start getting awareness out there and Quiet Place is tracking for a pretty solid opening. There's also Horizon so they can get some of that R-rated epic cross promo there too.

Edited by AniNate
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bob Train said:

It would make more sense to attach it with DP3, as that is also R-rated. Second trailer could be with Joker

Late July for a first trailer for a 310M film would be awful, even for Paramount, if it comes out on the 15th/22nd. That’s less than four months out. Furiosa would’ve been a better time to release it, but releasing it before their next blockbuster next week is a must now.

If they only market it to journalists and theater owners with a single clip over and over, then they’re just asking for this to bomb.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Speedorito said:

Late July for a first trailer for a 310M film would be awful, even for Paramount, if it comes out on the 15th/22nd. That’s less than four months out. Furiosa would’ve been a better time to release it, but releasing it before their next blockbuster next week is a must now.

If they only market it to journalists and theater owners with a single clip over and over, then they’re just asking for this to bomb.

Normally I am skeptical about writng off a film because of marketing dates, but I h ave to agree, July is pretty late to sell a November opening date for this.

And the point is this film does not have to do well to get into profit or even make back it;s cost...it has to be a huge blockbuster smash with a budget like that. It could put up what normally be reageded are decent numbers and still lose a hell of al ot money for Paramount...Money they cannot afford to lose with the situation they are in.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, dudalb said:

Normally I am skeptical about writng off a film because of marketing dates, but I h ave to agree, July is pretty late to sell a November opening date for this.

And the point is this film does not have to do well to get into profit or even make back it;s cost...it has to be a huge blockbuster smash with a budget like that. It could put up what normally be reageded are decent numbers and still lose a hell of al ot money for Paramount...Money they cannot afford to lose with the situation they are in.

Yeah next week sometime is the drop dead date for getting a trailer for this. There is no excuse for not having a trailer in front of QP Day One. Yeah that's  not R Rated and the genre is different but they need to get the GA on board to knowing this movie exists and not just keep showing the trailer to insiders and exhibitors. Put up or shut up time.

• Like 1

What if this movie is an absolute disaster of epic proportions? 🤣 I mean even then all the more reason to start selling people on it hard to get them invested but maybe they truly don't know what to do with it.

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

31 minutes ago, Insomnia said:

What if this movie is an absolute disaster of epic proportions? 🤣 I mean even then all the more reason to start selling people on it hard to get them invested but maybe they truly don't know what to do with it.

I could see a world where they genuinely believe they have a dud on their hands, and they’re trying to butter up critics and theater owners as much as possible to soften the blow. Which is why they’ve spent two months just showing off action-packed clips (without any story details) to them but nothing for the GA.

Or maybe it is a masterpiece and Paramount is just lackluster at marketing due to everything going on, we’ll see.

• Like 2

Great, now I can take a deep breath and finally write it off completely. Paramount pulls The Flash and hides a dud, I have no doubt about it now. Anyone seriously expecting this to make a billion or being great is in for a nasty surprise. Can't wait for nonsense like "Tom Cruise thinks  Gladiator 2 is the best thing since sliced bread".

Edited by TomThomas

11 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

Oh no but how can they possibly make anyone aware of it in… four months

You’re being sarcastic but don’t the majority of marketing teams for blockbusters release teasers and stuff well over five/six months in advance, even for things that seem like slam dunks? It seems like most of them don’t believe less than four months is enough time to market a large blockbuster, otherwise they wouldn’t waste the extra time and money to do so.

18 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

Great, now I can take a deep breath and finally write it off completely. Paramount pulls The Flash and hides a dud, I have no doubt about it now. Anyone seriously expecting this to make a billion or being great is in for a nasty surprise.

Wild that they’re showing it to everyone in the industry like it’s the Flash but hiding from the audience like it’s Avengers Endgame.

If Ridley Scott delivers I’ll go back to putting faith in him but this just gives off bad vibes.

Anyway club is open for anyone who wants to get ahead of the curve :)

• Like 1