WrathOfHan

Gladiator 2 | November 22, 2024 | DENZEL IS REUNITING WITH RIDLEY?!

16 minutes ago, Torontofan said:

There is legit hype for this

Target audience is males from late 20s and higher and they been talking about it.

Gladiator to Wicked's audience.

watchmen.gif

• Like 1
  • Astonished 1

13 minutes ago, Jaxon5 said:

My only gripe of this movie so far is the lead. He just doesn't strike me as someone who can convincingly sell this movie. The entire cast around him is better

Yeah kingdom of heaven especially the directors cut had one of the best supporting casts ever vs lame main hero.

Each supporting character in that movie did such an epic job.

Edward Norton and the guy who played Saladin are just amazing. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, abracadabra1998 said:

For sure, it’s giving Killers of the Flower Moon and Napoleon vibes. There’ll be a rush opening weekend and PLF-heavy, but I don’t anticipate amazing legs unless WOM is through the roof

Well that's the hope if we get good Ridley and he delivers and reviews are good and they do not even have to be Killers good it is much more commercial and GA friendly than that was it will be a big hit but if gets Napoleon like reviews and WOM than yeah not good.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Jaxon5 said:

My only gripe of this movie so far is the lead. He just doesn't strike me as someone who can convincingly sell this movie. The entire cast around him is better

As a sell? Sure. As an actor? Mescal is right up there with them

18 minutes ago, Jaxon5 said:

I mean Crowe is a hard act to follow sure but let's wait and see. Mescal could knock it out of the park or he could Orlando Bloom it. Will see.

5 minutes ago, cinema pal said:

oh, now we compare Mescal to Bloom in terms of acting skills? isn't it a bit early for this thread to become insufferable?

Only this thread? :hahaha:

3 minutes ago, cinema pal said:

oh, now we compare Mescal to Bloom in terms of acting skills? isn't it a bit early for this thread to become insufferable?

I have not seen any Mescal movies as of yet but I know he has gotten a lot of praise for the indie movies he has done compared to Bloom who was in Blockbusters like LOR trilogy, Pirates 1 and Troy before Kingdom but was one of the worst things all of those.  But Mescal could be miscast in this role and not be able to carry it. Fingers crossed that is not the case.

• ...wtf 1

6 minutes ago, abracadabra1998 said:

As a sell? Sure. As an actor? Mescal is right up there with them

Yeah fair, I should change it to more charasmatic. He just doesnt seem like a convincing Gladiator that would make it far whereas Quinn definitely seems like someone who can play a privileged villain in the time period. I dont know if this really suits him but we shall see. 

18 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

Well that's the hope if we get good Ridley and he delivers and reviews are good and they do not even have to be Killers good it is much more commercial and GA friendly than that was it will be a big hit but if gets Napoleon like reviews and WOM than yeah not good.

It needs better audience reviews than Killers, critics reviews don't matter much as long as it resonates with the general audience like the original did. I highly doubt it'll happen, but we'll see.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, emoviefan said:

I have not seen any Mescal movies as of yet but I know he has gotten a lot of praise for the indie movies he has done compared to Bloom who was in Blockbusters like LOR trilogy, Pirates 1 and Troy before Kingdom but was one of the worst things all of those.  But Mescal could be miscast in this role and not be able to carry it. Fingers crossed that is not the case.

Well I've seen almost all of his films (except Carmen), I even survived "Foe" somehow. He's perfectly cast in terms of  looks, physical form, charisma and he's a  great dramatic actor.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Firepower said:

It needs better audience reviews than Killers, critics reviews don't matter much as long as it resonates with the general audience like the original did. I highly doubt it'll happen, but we'll see.

It really depends on if Ridley and David Scarpa his writer do the same off-putting thing they did with Napoleon or not. Fingers crossed they do not. 

12 minutes ago, TomThomas said:

Orlando was perfectly fine in Kingdom, he gets hate because his character is kinda unlikable for a hero, but it's not his fault.

I think the issue is the supporting cast was so amazing it made orlando look a bit boring

Liam Nesson

Eva Green

Jeremy Irons

david Thewlis

Breadon Gleason

Edward Norton

Micheal Sheen

and the guy who played Saladin

These guys are all very good actors so they really outshined Bloom in every scene.