WrathOfHan

Gladiator 2 | November 22, 2024 | DENZEL IS REUNITING WITH RIDLEY?!

3 minutes ago, vale9001 said:

A gladiator sequel shouldn't exist cause "you can beat the First movie" etc.... These are the comments not "bad acting" "bad cgi" "the story seems ridicolous" "colours are bad"

You can find those comments under Ruimy's blog, not a single positive comment, complaints about actors, visuals, copypaste of the original and of course song.

1 minute ago, TomThomas said:

You can find those comments under Ruimy's blog, not a single positive comment, complaints about actors, visuals, copypaste of the original and of course song.

Are you serious about that? Who cares? 😅

• Haha 1

As I stated a few weeks ago, this was always destined to be a bomb. No one has even uttered the word gladiator since 2000, so why are people acting as if it is Titanic or anywhere near equivalent to that? This is absolutely something that no one has been anticipating or asking studios to produce. The lead is also only known by weirdos who post on Letterboxd, so who is this supposed to be for exactly? 

• Like 1

"Bad first trailer and its bad reception don't matter, people will show up no matter what they show" is my favourite cope. I don't remember people defending another terrible trailer of The Crow remake which will also flop.

• Like 1

Just now, TomThomas said:

"Bad first trailer and its bad reception don't matter, people will show up no matter what they show" is my favourite cope. I don't remember people defending another terrible trailer of The Crow remake which will also flop.

Can you please post what Ruimy followers said about The Crow trailer in his blog? 

1 minute ago, TomThomas said:

They're calling thread locks now, they know it's over.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PenguinHyphy said:

As I stated a few weeks ago, this was always destined to be a bomb. No one has even uttered the word gladiator since 2000, so why are people acting as if it is Titanic or anywhere near equivalent to that? This is absolutely something that no one has been anticipating or asking studios to produce. The lead is also only known by weirdos who post on Letterboxd, so who is this supposed to be for exactly? 

like we are in an age you need a star to open a movie if the brand is famous and the marketing is good .

Parks and recreations star (?) Chris patt opened Guardian of the galaxy at 100M and a totally unknown Jennifer Lawrence opened Hunger games to 155M.

And let's act like Denzel Washington is not here. 

5 minutes ago, PenguinHyphy said:

I can't take this seriously.

Who are you people?

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, PlatnumRoyce said:

I think the trailer would flow a lot better if they completely cut the gladiator 1 connections (save for pretending historically an emperor was killed by a gladiator). However, they need to stay in for IP reasons.

Fair point - that could have been one direction they could have gone in. As you mention, though, they are understandably wanting to capitalize on the love for the original.

Given this, it feels like it would have been wiser to craft a trailer that feels tonally in keeping with the original film, particularly given the iconic score. 

I'm not sure though. It can be a challenge meeting anyone's expectations when creating a sequel to what appears to be a beloved original. I also say all of this without having seen the new film, obviously. I do think the movie looks good, even if I think the trailer is somewhat off for me. 

Peace,

Mike

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Also, with this trailer, it's now clearer than ever, that calling this movie "Gladiator 2" was a mistake. 

It just doesn't feel right. 

It's like watching Molly Brown go on another Boat Trip and call it Titanic 2.

Edited by Poseidon
  • ...wtf 1

There is nothing wrong in the use of a rap Song (as someone stated they used a kid rock Song for the super bowl teaser of the First movie).

Personally i just think the use of the original score for the first trailer could have been more effective.

Then this kind of promos to try to get different audience can be made in a second moment. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
11 minutes ago, Poseidon said:

Also, with this trailer, it's now clearer than ever, that calling this movie "Gladiator 2" was a mistake. 

It just doesn't feel right. 

It's like watching Molly Brown go on another Boat Trip and call it Titanic 2.

I don't agree. It's not like they called Julius Caesar 2 a movie about Julius Caesar son. 

Gladiator is a generic common name and thousands of people have been gladiators. So if the character of the son is a gladiator too and the story is connected to the First One I think the title makes sense. 

It's not the First time we see a saga where chapters are named 2,3,4 and the characters can change (as whole or in part) from a movie to another. 

Edited by vale9001