Xillix

CAYOM YEAR 5 - ADVANCE SCHEDULE THREAD

36 minutes ago, Blankments said:

I am surprised at @Alpha for scheduling his big movie against Shiverin' Gulch, since he's read the original. Besides that, pretty happy with how my films have been placed against the competition

It's basically only a temporary slot and I might move it to March or something lol

I'm just playing the waiting game for when a big film gets delayed to Y6 and then I'll move it there.

Edited by Alpha
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, cookie said:

Not sure what's wrong with Michael Dougherty or Brad Bird...

Dougherty works better as a funny-scary type of guy IMO and I'm not sure if Tower of Terror is aiming for that

Bird... I just find it odd having him to pre-existing properties in general but that's just because I've followed the guy for a while and his contempt for them is often confounding in how much vitriol there is lol

Just now, Blankments said:

Bird... I just find it odd having him to pre-existing properties in general but that's just because I've followed the guy for a while and his contempt for them is often confounding in how much vitriol there is lol

And yet he made Mission Impossible 4...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Alpha said:

It's basically only a temporary slot and I might move it to March or something lol

I'm just playing the waiting game for when a big film gets delayed to Y6 and then I'll move it there.

maybe take the November 1 slot? Since other people have been going on about how it could use an animated movie

That said, I gotcha if you just wanna play the waiting game haha

2 minutes ago, cookie said:

And yet he made Mission Impossible 4...

Was thinking about the entire time I was writing that post haha.

I have a lot of complicated feelings about Bird but if Alpha pulls it off, I think it'll be fine. TBH the only thing at that post I'm extremely iffy about is Lowery doing Brother Bear but that's more because 1) I'm curious how YourMother will implement his style in the writing and 2) I had a hidden OC in the works from him that I'll have to delay a year 

Edited by Blankments

3 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Dougherty works better as a funny-scary type of guy IMO and I'm not sure if Tower of Terror is aiming for that

One of the reasons I picked him is because I feel he is really good at creating atmosphere. It's one of the reasons I dig Trick r Treat and Krampus because both feel very much akin and embody both the holidays they are portraying.

I wanted someone that could create that feel for an adaptation of Tower of Terror which is probably a Top 5 or even Top 3 Disney ride for me.

• Like 1

More moves on my part:

Untitled One Missed Call Reboot to August 13th

Kagutaba to October 29th

The Insectoids to July 2nd

Autumn Chill to December 3rd

Regardless of Voltron my disaster flick ain't moving. Date ties into the anniversary of the actual event, which as I've mentioned before, directly affected people I know personally. Not compromising on it.

1 minute ago, Xillix said:

Regardless of Voltron my disaster flick ain't moving. Date ties into the anniversary of the actual event, which as I've mentioned before, directly affected people I know personally. Not compromising on it.

I'm more confused that you're wasting an IMAX slot on a movie that'll only have the format for one week.

4 minutes ago, Blankments said:

maybe take the November 1 slot? Since other people have been going on about how it could use an animated movie

That said, I gotcha if you just wanna play the waiting game haha

In that case I'm concerned that American Dragon would hurt its performance. But if I had to guess right now, when all is said and done Star Fox will probably not be opening on October 15th

11 minutes ago, Blankments said:

Bird was my choice for Star Fox back when I was writing it for Year 2 so he was my go-to here, but after Incredibles 2 I'm thinking about a change in director ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rorschach said:

One of the reasons I picked him is because I feel he is really good at creating atmosphere. It's one of the reasons I dig Trick r Treat and Krampus because both feel very much akin and embody both the holidays they are portraying.

I wanted someone that could create that feel for an adaptation of Tower of Terror which is probably a Top 5 or even Top 3 Disney ride for me.

I'm curious. Looking forward to it tbh

2 minutes ago, cookie said:

I'm more confused that you're wasting an IMAX slot on a movie that'll only have the format for one week.

The format is written into the movie. I've been planning it that way for a while. So frankly I don't really care what you're doing scheduling/IMAX-wise with Voltron. If it gets a week it gets a week to kill it.