Xillix

CAYOM YEAR 5 - ADVANCE SCHEDULE THREAD

18 minutes ago, cookie said:

What about Jakey G and Da Branagh as Tommy Boy and Sir Anthony Hopkins?

Yes.

But there's the platinum tier that only a few films reach. There's others besides Cookie Presents Every Space Opera Female Lead and Sorcerer's New Apprentice but I'm not going to do that detailed a breakdown

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Brother Bear vs Metroid will be interesting to say the least.

Brother Bear is a family movie (and I highly doubt it's going to do as well as say Kingdom of the Sun, Treasure Planet or Road to El Dorado, probably closer to Brave) and Metroid is a sci-fi action movie. They can co-exist.

I originally planned Easter weekend but having that as its second week instead would soften the drop and it keeps a nice distance from Lost Earth and SkyRiders.

February looked wide open for a straight action movie plus August was getting super crowded so ME3, which I hope will benefit from a finale factor, made sense there.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 2

27 minutes ago, cookie said:

Brother Bear is a family movie (and I highly doubt it's going to do as well as say Kingdom of the Sun, Treasure Planet or Road to El Dorado, probably closer to Brave) and Metroid is a sci-fi action movie. They can co-exist.

I originally planned Easter weekend but having that as its second week instead would soften the drop and it keeps a nice distance from Lost Earth and SkyRiders.

February looked wide open for a straight action movie plus August was getting super crowded so ME3, which I hope will benefit from a finale factor, made sense there.

Don’t get me wrong I get it but you do realize that you’d be facing Secret Saturdays, Eplison and Bartimaeus (even though despite their likely PG-13 ratings they still draw the male action demo crowd) holdovers.

However I wouldn’t underestimate Brother Bear, the only reason why Brave did small (for the remake genre) was due to mixed reviews (all remakes except it were over or at 60 on Metacritic) and the fact that it was 8 years after the original. I am honestly going for a Jungle Book vibe (as the animals will be photoreal) and that’s why it was given IMAX. Even though the original received mixed reviews and didn’t make much neither did El Dorado, Treasure Planet or even TENG (which unlike both was loved). That being said I think both will coexist.

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

Don’t get me wrong I get it but you do realize that you’d be facing Secret Saturdays, Eplison and Bartimaeus (even though despite their likely PG-13 ratings they still draw the male action demo crowd) holdovers.

Bartimaeus is several weeks out and while Saturdays and Epsilon will be competition I think I can weather them out. Plus being a semi-horror movie has that going for it.

I think Brother Bear lacks the nostalgia factor ENG, Treasure Planet and even El Dorado to an extent has, but when I say closer to Brave I still mean in the $150-$200m range, which I think Metroid can land in as well unless it’s either bad or exceedingly good.

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, cookie said:

Bartimaeus is several weeks out and while Saturdays and Epsilon will be competition I think I can weather them out. Plus being a semi-horror movie has that going for it.

I think Brother Bear lacks the nostalgia factor ENG, Treasure Planet and even El Dorado to an extent has, but when I say closer to Brave I still mean in the $150-$200m range, which I think Metroid can land in as well unless it’s either bad or exceedingly good.

That’s fair too. 

However I really doubt nostalgia was a factor for the latter two especially as they were sold as PG-13 action adventure tentpoles (with TP riding off a weak November and the space opera wave) but it is definitely a fair point. 

• Like 1

Just now, YourMother the Edgelord said:

That’s fair too. 

However I really doubt nostalgia was a factor for the latter two especially as they were sold as PG-13 action adventure tentpoles (with TP riding off a weak November and the space opera wave) but it is definitely a fair point. 

I will freely admit I made El Dorado overperform a bit and my excuse at the time was because it was capitalizing on the Hunchback goodwill and later on the lack of comedies during the rest of the summer.

And I’d argue that while Jungle Book was PG it was basically sold as a general audience blockbuster if you go by the trailers and posters so TP and El Dorado were comparable.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, cookie said:

I will freely admit I made El Dorado overperform a bit and my excuse at the time was because it was capitalizing on the Hunchback goodwill and later on the lack of comedies during the rest of the summer.

And I’d argue that while Jungle Book was PG it was basically sold as a general audience blockbuster if you go by the trailers and posters so TP and El Dorado were comparable.

Fair enough, I think both films will do really well though. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spagspiria said:

I make sure BEYOND THE SKY doesn’t top RISE OF LOTOR and this is the thanks I get?! :whosad:

It was a choice of competing between two Shuri movies in the same spring and I chose the former. Sorry.

Edited by cookie

11 minutes ago, Blankments said:

if anything, brother bear should be worried about Secret Saturdays, not Mirror's Edge lol

It's aiming for a PG rating (franchise, if it does well, will pivot to PG-13 in later installments )

I am not afraid of Secret Saturdays especially due as Brother Bear comes out closer to Easter.

On an unrelated note that’s what I’m planning on doing with the Barry Brookshire series

Edited by YourMother the Edgelord
  • Like 1