Xillix

CAYOM YEAR 5 - ADVANCE SCHEDULE THREAD

8 minutes ago, Xillix said:

More moves on my part:

Untitled One Missed Call Reboot to August 13th

Kagutaba to October 29th

The Insectoids to July 2nd

Autumn Chill to December 3rd

Regardless of Voltron my disaster flick ain't moving. Date ties into the anniversary of the actual event, which as I've mentioned before, directly affected people I know personally. Not compromising on it.

Now im curious to know what this is now.

1 minute ago, YourMother the Edgelord said:

@Blankments Lowry got Brother Bear due to Pete’s Dragon and me using Farveau for Lilo and Stitch.

Yeah, but like... Lowery's one of the most esoteric filmmakers out there. Unless you take a crazy new look at Brother Bear and completely reinvent it, I find it hard to see him being a good fit.

3 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

I dont really understand James Wan directing Secret Saturdays @Blankments 

Furious 7 shows he can handle the blockbusters and both Conjuring movies feature strong family dynamics. TBH it was him or Brad Bird and I went with him because I'm always pushing trying to push diversity in my director-choices.

Besides, Bird would probably prefer to do an actual Jonny Quest movie than a show that was heavily influenced by it

Just now, Blankments said:

Furious 7 shows he can handle the blockbusters and both Conjuring movies feature strong family dynamics. TBH it was him or Brad Bird and I went with him because I'm always pushing trying to push diversity in my director-choices.

Besides, Bird would probably prefer to do an actual Jonny Quest movie than a show that was heavily influenced by it

Thats fair.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Bird was my choice for Star Fox back when I was writing it for Year 2 so he was my go-to here, but after Incredibles 2 I'm thinking about a change in director ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

If anything, I think Incredibles 2 would reinforce my desire to have Brad Bird direct Star Fox.

But the other director(s) I would suggest would be the Spies In Disguise directors, Nick Bruno and Troy Quane. I'm sure they'll know a thing or two about flight.

:insane:

Edited by Slambros
  • Like 1

Full transparency:

@cookie, the animated Pride is continuing with Hourglass:

The Epsilon Syndicate will have an openly Transgender character (played by a trans actress no less)

I also had this decision for a while. But I thank @cookie and @Hiccup23 for ushering in this trend:

In TLBH...

Yara Shahidi will play a love interest...

...for Cassie.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Slambros said:

I think I'll end up having the most potentially baffling director decision:

Kenneth Lonergan for Wii Sports

Not trying to be rude or anything but this choice left me flabbergasted. I don't know what you have planned for Wii Sports, but Lonergan's last two movies were an emotionally devastating drama about loss and grief. Not saying you need to change it, I just don't wanna see the inevitable comparisons between Wii Sports and Manchester by the Sea

(Then again Lonergan did write the Rocky and Bullwinkle movie 20 years ago but idk :P)

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, cookie said:

Hence you'll never see a Spielberg movie or someone like him from me.

Fortnight was the first time I ever did Da Berg in 40+ combined game years and that's only because I felt like his style was perfect for it.

Regarding some of my picks tho:

• The Duffers are because of their CAYOM resume (Spark 1, Scavenger Wars) as opposed to their IRL resume, although Wayward Pines and Stranger Things are both sci-fi so I'd say they're fine for a Voltron movie.
  • André Ovredal made Troll Hunter plus I wanted a Scandinavian director for the job since Scandi hirings (outside of the Norse gods) is sort of going to be a running theme with Scandinavia Chronicles.
  • I needed a break from Mark Dindal and Adventure Time and Over the Garden Wall somewhat influenced A Crackle in Time a bit hence Patrick McHale.
  • Dana Terrace is a replacement pick for SkyRiders since I got pissed at my original choice but since animation is an extremely collaborative process I think it'll be fine.
  • Chad Strahelski was mainly because I wanted to stage more extreme action sequences for the final Mirror's Edge.
  • Like 1

Let it be well-documented that the only reason Cuaron is doing Children of Eden is because I want to write a Cuaron musical. If I didn't nab him, it would've been delayed until I could use him

Have a lot of crazy one-takes and visual representations of early biblical figures in mind