I'm down with this.  But I bet there are gonna be some loud fanboys, as usual, that think this is a terrible idea and are just cashing in on the success of Breaking Bad, but I'm willing to give it a chance.

• Like 3

What did he say??? :popcorn:  Bryan Cranston said last week on TALKING BAD that everyone would be truly satisfied with Walt's demise.. I'll believe it when I see it, mainly because I don't think we've ever had a show this popular where the Finale pleased everyone, including The SHIELD, but will see...

He had a hard time believing some of Walt's choices when he got to the desert. I've listened to that podcast before Fienberg tends to go against the grain

I've heard there will be an alternate ending of the finale for the DVD, and that it has some kind of a Malcolm In The Middle tie-in.

As a joke I would find it hilarious if somehow Walt ended up in  witness protection and became Hal from MITM. :lol:

=========================================================

Another Breaking Bad goodie.

On Sunday Mythbusters are doing an episode on the chemistry of Breaking Bad, guest starring Aaron Paul. I assume it would be stuff like when walt made fulminated mercury that looked like meth crystals and the science behind thermite (did old etch-a-sketches really have thermite in them?)

=========================================================

This made me laugh, "Lego it ain't"

Breaking bad meth lab play set

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/09/09/breaking-bad--meth-lab-toy-lego-bricking-bad_n_3894023.html

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Edited by Incarnadine
  • Like 1

Well, I'm all caught up! You can't imagine what all my free time went to this past week... :ph34r: Whew, what a ride! I don't think I've ever seen a show like this. It just is so captivating and really blurs the line between "good guy" and "bad guy." Watching the whole series at once is amazing to see the transformation of Walt's character. In seasons 1 and 2 I was totally on Walt's side and I think he was doing everything he was doing for genuinely good reasons. Then things started to shift after he lets Jane die and he just keeps drowning out his morality more and more.

As bad as Walt has become though, I really can't stand how some people are damning him while viewing Jesse like he's the saint in all this. Nearly every awful situation they get into is in some way because of Jesse and his stupidity or lack of trust. Particularly what sets up all the bad events in seasons 4 and 5 is Jesse not listening to Walt about not killing the guys who had Andrea's little brother kill Combo. Walt saving Jesse's skin on that (like he has a ton of times over the course of the series) is what led to nearly all of the turmoil we currently have.

I can't stand that Jesse worked with Hank to help incriminate Walt. Walt has been the one person in the series that has continually cared about Jesse and put himself on the line to help him despite all his screwups. Even letting Jane die was to save Jesse from the same fate. Like Walt said, they would have both OD'd within weeks given all that money and freedom and the hard stuff they were getting into. Granted what Walt did to Brock was despicable, but I do believe Walt when he was telling Jesse that he knew exactly how much to give him to just make him sick and not kill him. Doesn't make it right of course, but I don't believe Walt would have done it if he thought Brock had a good chance of dying. He knew that would have wrecked Jesse and I truly believe Walt would never want to hurt Jesse like that. Not to mention Walt felt completely backed into a corner at that point in the series and was fearful for his family's safety. That kind of helpless fear makes people do crazy things. He needed Jesse on his side, and rightfully so since it was Jesse that got them into the mess with Gus in the first place! Walt just went about it wrong.

I just can't stand to see this series end with Jesse not at least realizing how Walt has  cared about him and risked A LOT for him over the course of the series. Hell, even freaking Hank can see that that Jesse clearly means something to Walt! At this point though I don't feel either Walt or Jesse "deserve" a happy ending, They both broke bad beyond redemption in my opinion. Yes Jesse has had more of a conscience about the things they've done these past 2 seasons, but he's still done them and his carelessness and stupidity are the biggest culprit for a lot of the sticky situations they've found themselves in over the series. Watching the series all at once, it's amazing to see how many times Jesse really does cause them to end up in bad situations. And to me him ratting Walt out to Hank after everything they've been through was the last straw for me being able to root for him. And of course Walt has done too many horrible things at this point to really root for either.

No one can really walk away from this thing as the "good guy." I don't even know how I want this to end, let alone how it will! This show is a helluva ride though. Hats off to Gilligan and company for one of the best TV shows ever.

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

No one can really walk away from this thing as the "good guy." I don't even know how I want this to end, let alone how it will! This show is a helluva ride though. Hats off to Gilligan and company for one of the best TV shows ever.

The thing about Jesse is that he's basically "broken good" through the course of the show. He started off as a real low-life and at the end he's basically one of the "most good" characters on the show (there's not really a purely good character except maybe a complete innocent like Walt Jr.)

• Like 3

The thing about Jesse is that he's basically "broken good" through the course of the show. He started off as a real low-life and at the end he's basically one of the "most good" characters on the show (there's not really a purely good character except maybe a complete innocent like Walt Jr.)

But it's still a lot of his actions that have led them to where they are. If Hank dies from this shoot out, it's once again a situation that was put into play by Jesse. He deserves consequences for that just as much as Walt. Especially since Jesse has been the catalyst for Walt's moral freefall in many ways. Coming to Jesse's aid eventually caused Walt to do things that opened the path for his moral corruption.

But it's still a lot of his actions that have led them to where they are. If Hank dies from this shoot out, it's once again a situation that was put into play by Jesse. He deserves consequences for that just as much as Walt. Especially since Jesse has been the catalyst for Walt's moral freefall in many ways. Coming to Jesse's aid eventually caused Walt to do things that opened the path for his moral corruption.

I think Jesse's already paid a price -- a very heavy price -- for his actions from the last few years, and I don't think it's fair to say he caused Walt's moral corruption. That's entirely on Mr. White.

• Like 1

I think Jesse's already paid a price -- a very heavy price -- for his actions from the last few years, and I don't think it's fair to say he caused Walt's moral corruption. That's entirely on Mr. White.

Walt knew Jesse was gonna get himself killed at the end of season 3. He had to kill those guys to save Jesse. And I think once Walt realized he could kill someone in cold blood like that things really spiraled out of control for him from there. Yeah it's Walt fault for going down that path, but Jesse played a role in kick starting it no doubt. Right now I think I want to see them both going down in flames, but with each other not against each other.

I still just feel that Jesse is in the wrong for not seeing all Walt has done for him. Without Walt Jesse would have never found his way out of the gutter he was in at the start of the series. He would have OD'd somewhere or just continued living a nothing junkie life. I know Jesse has a soft spot for kids and to him poisoning one is the worst thing you could do, but Walt deserved a chance to explain himself at the very least. And then if Jesse still couldn't forgive him it would have been one thing, but to just go and team up with Hank against Walt like that? It's just a low blow thing for him to do. And it may end up getting Hank killed too.

But he's TERRIFIED of Mr. White. Even when Walt was in cuffs, he was prepared for him to whip out a bomb or something and kill them all. Walt's constant immorality and attempts at manipulation throughout the show have left Jesse with no reason to think he's anything more than a complete sociopath.

I can see that as maybe a valid point for why Jesse's doing what he's doing, but I still think if he just stopped and used his brain for a moment he could figure out Walt doesn't want to kill him. Jesse has to know Walt's had plenty chances this season where it would have been convenient to kill him if he wanted, but he never even considered it until he realized Jesse was going to kill him. And even still I think he would have called the men off from killing Jesse when it came down to it.

I really believe Walt will let Jesse kill him before he kills Jesse or has him killed. If I'm wrong then I'll reconsider what Jesse means to Walt, but I don't think I am wrong about that. It's like Jane's Dad said back in season 2, you can't give up on family, and Walt has considered Jesse family since at least that point.  Why has Jesse never really stopped to think of what Walt has done for him over the series? Hank can see it, why can't Jesse? And I'm talking about before the Brock manipulation. Jesse should have realized by season 4 how much Walt had done for him and stuck by him instead of teetering between Walt and Gus, then the Brock situation would have never even happened. Walt has screwed up, but who's the one that put a lot of those actions into play in the first place? It's like Jesse just sets things up for Walt to knock down on this show. Jesse is the catalyst.

Yeah, I feel ya MovieMan89, it is kinda tragic how Jesse has turned on walt.  Walt has saved Jesse's ass so many times, he even chose Junkie Jesse's life over an indefinite partnership with Gus Fring where he "could have cooked and made as much money as he ever needed where it all ran like clockwork" as Mike put it, he saw Jesse as a son, and still does.  Walt only put a hit out on Jesse by the Aryan Brotherwood when he really thought Jesse was actively trying to kill him or his family.

Edited by Ozymandias

Walt does care about Jesse, but also he has a weird paternalistic, condescending, and completely controlling attitude towards him. It's not a healthy relationship at all, and it's not Jesse's fault either. Most of Walt's actions to help, assist, or save Jesse are ultimately designed to help himself. He's not altruistic about him at all. In fact, I'd argue at this point none of his actions are altruistic -- though he still claims to be doing this for his family, he had plenty of opportunities to either get out of the business or take a lower-profile (but much safer) role. It's classic Greek tragedy: Walt's hubris and pride are his downfall; that's what's been driving him these last couple years and what caused him to make the many fateful decisions that brought him (and Jesse, and Hank, and the Neo-Nazis, and everyone) to this point in time.Also, the killer question: where is the baby?