21 Jump Street

48 members have voted

1. 1. Grade 21 Jump Street

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

This was pretty freakin' hilarious. Hard to describe a moment I wasn't laughing or enjoying it. Lord and Miller are gods at comedy nowadays, and I honestly can't wait for the sequel; because I know they'll pull it off A+

• Like 2

This is ridiculously awesome :D Lord and Miller still haven't had a misstep in my book and I hope they keep it up with the sequel. It's a constant laugh riot, especially the highway chase scene, which had me in stitches.

9/10

• Like 1

A solid picture that knows how to be silly, but not stupid. The critiques it launches at itself are hilarious. It's also a well-made picture; I thought that certain action scenes (particularly the chase one) could've been in a real action picture. My only issue was with the emotional storyline they tried to go for. I found it charming at times, but mostly, it seemed forced. 3/4 

• Like 1

Even though I liked it, I didn't find it as funny as I hoped I would. And that's probably because of all the ridiculously positive things I've read about it over the past two weeks. Still, very funny and a good buddy movie. Loved Depp's cameo and the script was genuinely funny and very well written. Ice Cube was funny in pretty much every scene he was in.8/10

Damn you gave it a high rating there Baumer.. Cool that Depp showed up.  Iwas wondering if he would . I may check this out..

Shocked how it ate up the cheddar that should have gone to my DRagon 2.. What the hell. lol

How you rates this film with Cube and co vs Friday I, and the  Barbershop?

• Like 1

OK, I guess I just have an odd sense of humor, because I'm a bit baffled at the critical praise given to some of the predictable and juvenile comedies these days (see:The Hangover). It's far from the least amusing film ever, but too much of the comedy is based on idiotic slapstick and frat humor. The script is primarily written around one joke: the two main characters are idiots and terrible cops, which is funny for about 30 seconds. Yes, there's a self-aware streak in the film, and there are moments where it truly works. The film succeeds best where it mocks its own stupidity, although even then one has to ask why they couldn't come up with intelligent humor in the first place. The film often attempts to deceive you into mistaking its laziness for tongue-in-cheek wit. Certain lines hit you over the head without even aiming for subtlety, and I question the intelligence of anyone who for instance needed Eric to elaborate on his fear of prison rape by saying it rhymed with 'grape' (not once, but twice) in order to get the joke. The movie loses any credibility it had as a subversive satire in the final scenes, which rival The Hangover in terms of sheer idiocy. Channing Tatum was mostly terrible, and I remain thoroughly unimpressed by his 'talent.' People confuse his vapid monotone with a sense for timing. Jonah Hill, who I usually can't stand, did, however, do a decent job (as an actor--certainly not as a writer).5/10, C

So you didn't like this nor The Hangover? You must be one of those really stuck up people with no sense of humour.