21 Jump Street

48 members have voted

1. 1. Grade 21 Jump Street

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I knew it. I knew Charming Potato had a good performance in him. Turns out he's a pretty gifted comic actor and pulled his weight throughout the movie.

It's really funny- the first half is more consistant than the second, but it picks up steam at the prom finale- but its real gift is how self-aware it is.

B+

• Like 1

The beginning and the ending are awesome, but ironically everything surrounding the party slows the film down. For much of the middle of the film the story just seems to meander without any clear objective, and the humor element was also weirdly lacking. But it really picks up towards the end, and Hill and Tatum have a terrific chemistry.

B

Edited by tribefan695

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I LOVE THIS FILM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS LAUGHING THE ENTIRE TIME LIKE SERIOUSLY !!!!!i was kinda sleepy but figured i'd watch 30 mn of it and if it was boring i'd take it off and go to bed...here i am 2 hrs later!!!!from the intro ,the movie won me over i hadnt listen to an eminem song in years so hearing slim shady had me bobbing my headthere were so many funny scenes, aahh yes ice cube gahh i was wondering who that was the entire film near the end i thought LL cool J but nahhh , there were a lot of swearing in this film :blink: but i kind of rided with it like they did when they took the drug that bathroom scene had me in stitches i nearly felt like vomiting myself,the party was amazingly funny and preparation for it had me lol.the soundtrack was great , often enough i found myself swinging and bobbing to it ! it felt like going to a party for 2 hrs , the car chase and things not blowing up ha ha ha was like a running gag:i swear i thought the bridge was going to blow up ha ha but no it was the chickens which was fitting! that sports teacher was crayzee!channing and jonah had great chemistry all through the movie funny scenes and serious dramatic scenes, i like how symbiotic their relationship was, the bromance was on fire!!!i give this movie an A+ for the most important aspect of a movie ENTERTAINMENT!!!! and i'm really sad i didnt go see it in theatre , i guess i just wasnt feeling it! i'm not particularly a fan of either actor to point where i will go see their film in theatre but i had recently seen the vow on dvd and moneyball tooso yeah there was nothing not to like and then i :excited: when i saw johnny depp!!! johnny depp is still gorgeous today but he was darn gorgeous with that babyface of his back in the day!!! i also liked molly the girl on drug ha ha ha she was funny! the whole cast was just funny , i never felt like i was watching actors but the characters in a story now that's cool, i feel like this is the guy version of "never been kissed" with drew barrymore!def going to recommend this to people, gotta watch this again but with popcorn and soda and sweets , make up for missing it on big screen! Edited by ladyevenstar22

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: I LOVE THIS FILM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I WAS LAUGHING THE ENTIRE TIME LIKE SERIOUSLY !!!!!

i was kinda sleepy but figured i'd watch 30 mn of it and if it was boring i'd take it off and go to bed...here i am 2 hrs later!!!!

from the intro ,the movie won me over i hadnt listen to an eminem song in years so hearing slim shady had me bobbing my head

there were so many funny scenes, aahh yes ice cube gahh i was wondering who that was the entire film near the end i thought LL cool J but nahhh , there were a lot of swearing in this film :blink: but i kind of rided with it like they did when they took the drug that bathroom scene had me in stitches i nearly felt like vomiting myself,

the party was amazingly funny and preparation for it had me lol.

the soundtrack was great , often enough i found myself swinging and bobbing to it ! it felt like going to a party for 2 hrs , the car chase and things not blowing up ha ha ha was like a running gag:i swear i thought the bridge was going to blow up ha ha but no it was the chickens which was fitting! that sports teacher was crayzee!

channing and jonah had great chemistry all through the movie funny scenes and serious dramatic scenes, i like how symbiotic their relationship was, the bromance was on fire!!!

i give this movie an A+ for the most important aspect of a movie ENTERTAINMENT!!!! and i'm really sad i didnt go see it in theatre , i guess i just wasnt feeling it! i'm not particularly a fan of either actor to point where i will go see their film in theatre but i had recently seen the vow on dvd and moneyball too

so yeah there was nothing not to like and then i :excited: when i saw johnny depp!!! johnny depp is still gorgeous today but he was darn gorgeous with that babyface of his back in the day!!! i also liked molly the girl on drug ha ha ha she was funny! the whole cast was just funny , i never felt like i was watching actors but the characters in a story now that's cool, i feel like this is the guy version of "never been kissed" with drew barrymore!

def going to recommend this to people, gotta watch this again but with popcorn and soda and sweets , make up for missing it on big screen!

Crack is a helluva drug, IMO.

Anyway, funniest film of the year, and one of the best so far as well. Pretty entertaining all-around.

B+

Edited by mattmav45

This movie was hilarious, funniest comedy I've seen in ages. Tatum and Hill were great, I really hope there's a sequel but this time they're in college.A-

Edited by Ariadne

Yeah, really liked this movie and it not only didn't take itself too seriously but poked fun at what they were doing. Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill make a great comedy duo, Brie Larson is a hottie and most importantly, the jokes landed. Unlike Pineapples Express (which I enjoyed overall), this seemed about the right length and didn't overstay its welcome. Also nice to see, although I already knew about it beforehand, the

cameo by Johnny Depp. I didn't realize until listening to the commentary that he was in the scene earlier in the movie as well. Really neat to see a star like him come back and do these kinds of roles as homage.

***¾/*****, (B+, 7.6/10, 3/4)

OK, I guess I just have an odd sense of humor, because I'm a bit baffled at the critical praise given to some of the predictable and juvenile comedies these days (see:The Hangover). It's far from the least amusing film ever, but too much of the comedy is based on idiotic slapstick and frat humor. The script is primarily written around one joke: the two main characters are idiots and terrible cops, which is funny for about 30 seconds. Yes, there's a self-aware streak in the film, and there are moments where it truly works. The film succeeds best where it mocks its own stupidity, although even then one has to ask why they couldn't come up with intelligent humor in the first place. The film often attempts to deceive you into mistaking its laziness for tongue-in-cheek wit. Certain lines hit you over the head without even aiming for subtlety, and I question the intelligence of anyone who for instance needed Eric to elaborate on his fear of prison rape by saying it rhymed with 'grape' (not once, but twice) in order to get the joke. The movie loses any credibility it had as a subversive satire in the final scenes, which rival The Hangover in terms of sheer idiocy. Channing Tatum was mostly terrible, and I remain thoroughly unimpressed by his 'talent.' People confuse his vapid monotone with a sense for timing. Jonah Hill, who I usually can't stand, did, however, do a decent job (as an actor--certainly not as a writer).5/10, C

Edited by Sims

OK, I guess I just have an odd sense of humor, because I'm a bit baffled at the critical praise given to some of the predictable and juvenile comedies these days (see:The Hangover). It's far from the least amusing film ever, but too much of the comedy is based on idiotic slapstick and frat humor. The script is primarily written around one joke: the two main characters are idiots and terrible cops, which is funny for about 30 seconds. Yes, there's a self-aware streak in the film, and there are moments where it truly works. The film succeeds best where it mocks its own stupidity, although even then one has to ask why they couldn't come up with intelligent humor in the first place. The film often attempts to deceive you into mistaking its laziness for tongue-in-cheek wit. Certain lines hit you over the head without even aiming for subtlety, and I question the intelligence of anyone who for instance needed Eric to elaborate on his fear of prison rape by saying it rhymed with 'grape' (not once, but twice) in order to get the joke. The movie loses any credibility it had as a subversive satire in the final scenes, which rival The Hangover in terms of sheer idiocy. Channing Tatum was mostly terrible, and I remain thoroughly unimpressed by his 'talent.' People confuse his vapid monotone with a sense for timing. Jonah Hill, who I usually can't stand, did, however, do a decent job (as an actor--certainly not as a writer).

5/10, C

Posted Image

Disagree on Tatum. He was hilarious in this. I though the He Outshine Jonah.

Edited by Dragon